Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new to the forums hope I'm posting in the right spot. My air stopped blowing last night (on cold/hot still nothing) and the eng light came on and the code was the Blower Motor Control Circuit. I'm not a mechanic so I replaced the fuse (I think it was the right fuse). I also took the motor out and tested it at work and it is working so I'm clueless on what it could be now.

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Hello everyone, new to the forums hope I'm posting in the right spot. My air stopped blowing last night (on cold/hot still nothing) and the eng light came on and the code was the Blower Motor Control Circuit. I'm not a mechanic so I replaced the fuse (I think it was the right fuse). I also took the motor out and tested it at work and it is working so I'm clueless on what it could be now.
Somethin like this happened on my old durango... The blender door, or what moves to change the direction of the airflow can break and or get stuck... Maybe that might be causing your problem? Other then that maybe you chose the wrong fuse, that is very easy to do with 3 different fuse boxes!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Somethin like this happened on my old durango... The blender door, or what moves to change the direction of the airflow can break and or get stuck... Maybe that might be causing your problem? Other then that maybe you chose the wrong fuse, that is very easy to do with 3 different fuse boxes!
Do you think I should take the dash panel off with the knobs and investigate that? Also, the only fuse box I could find was underneath the drivers side

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Do you think I should take the dash panel off with the knobs and investigate that? Also, the only fuse box I could find was underneath the drivers side
I mean thats a definite possibility... you have to remove the whole center console to get that out. But there are 3 fuse panels... one under the drivers side dash, one in the engine bay and one under the center console...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean thats a definite possibility... you have to remove the whole center console to get that out. But there are 3 fuse panels... one under the drivers side dash, one in the engine bay and one under the center console...
I just checked the right fuse (f83) and I plugged the blower motor in and also put in another 40amp fuse just to make sure and it still didn't come on. Not sure what to check at this point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just checked the right fuse (f83) and I plugged the blower motor in and also put in another 40amp fuse just to make sure and it still didn't come on. Not sure what to check at this point.
I'm buying the blower motor module because a lot of people had said it goes bad can anyone tell me where it's located? I'm guessing it's close to the blower motor?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just in case anyone has future problems, it was the blower motor module. It didn't look corroded or burnt but my filter was severely dirty and clogged so may want to pull that thing out and blow it out or replace it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, I’m having the same issue as you. When you say you checked the blower motor module are you talking about the blower motor itself? Please explain because I want to fix this issue. Thanks

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
There is module that controls the blower motor.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
On the heater box next to the blower. If you google heater module with dodge-dart.org and my username, you should find old threads with pics. I am away from home using a phone, otherwise I would give you links and pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts