Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sorry meant 107C not F

It means we can make engine covers out of carbon fiber ;)

While we could still make them above 107C the price would be double if not triple the cost.
That makes more sense. I was thinking 107F sounded low. Come a hot July afternoon my hood temp will be more than that just sitting still in the driveway!

·
Registered
357 Posts
That greats news on the progress you guys are making. Is most of the parts you making going to fit the 2.0l and 2.4l too. Also are you guys out of Canada?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Most if not all the parts we will make will be based off the 1.4T. That does not mean we will not end up with a doner car or part for the 2.0 or 2.4.

A hood is in the works as well as a trunk. I know there is already a trunk on the market but it is heavily over priced and the quality is no where near what you will see from us.

We are in Canada.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well that makes me even more excited since I won't get stuck paying any duty fees on our parts once there in stock. Id lend my dart out if you need for 2.0l depending where in canada you are.

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
Most if not all the parts we will make will be based off the 1.4T. That does not mean we will not end up with a doner car or part for the 2.0 or 2.4.

A hood is in the works as well as a trunk. I know there is already a trunk on the market but it is heavily over priced and the quality is no where near what you will see from us.

We are in Canada.
Which hood did you learn towards? I know you posted two options you were thinking of doing. Either way, I am in for one once they are released. Wife already ok'd it. :)

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Good news so far. Waiting to spend some hard earned cash. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
We are looking for a scoop and or heat extractor that currently exists to use as a base. If anyone has any ideas it may help but I have found 2 or 3 different ones that I am looking at right now that may end up looking not so bad.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
What about US customers? How much shipping and border will cost us?

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
We are looking for a scoop and or heat extractor that currently exists to use as a base. If anyone has any ideas it may help but I have found 2 or 3 different ones that I am looking at right now that may end up looking not so bad.
What about US customers? How much shipping and border will cost us?
So like the heat extractor hood like you posted before?
187d1335909860-dodge-dart-srt4-renderings-untitled.jpg

Another idea for a hood scoop I always thought would work out for our body lines is with the old Pontiac G8 hood:
G8 HOOD.jpg g8 hood 2.JPG
EX-Pontiac_G8_2009_GXP-rfqHI-590.jpg

Not sure if that would be possible or not, but just thought I would throw some ideas out there.

As well as @KYRGYZ I am interested to find out shipping/border costs to the USA.

Thanks again for all of your help/support @[email protected]

·
Registered
879 Posts
So like the heat extractor hood like you posted before?
View attachment 31711

Another idea for a hood scoop I always thought would work out for our body lines is with the old Pontiac G8 hood:
View attachment 31714 View attachment 31715
View attachment 31713

Not sure if that would be possible or not, but just thought I would throw some ideas out there.

As well as @KYRGYZ I am interested to find out shipping/border costs to the USA.

Thanks again for all of your help/support @[email protected]
The intake design I was working on would have been similar to the G6, but with the scoop only on one side and a bit more subtle. But now there's the Scat package, so I'm scrubbing that and going with something else. I know someone on there has one similar, or I'm pretty sure, but I haven't seen the actual hood yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Heres a better rendering of the one above.

16-2013-dodge-dart-srt4-byr34neon01.jpg

The thing that I am worried about is the room we have to play with under the hood. It may not be possible to have a heat extractor like this without increasing the height of the hood like Mopar did to theirs. Its not all that hard taking a scoop off another car and mold it into another hood. However when you are messing around with large areas of a hood 3d designing is about the only logical way to go. I personally would like to avoid the 3d designing and just find something already out there to use and then change it up a tad.

The Cavalier has a similar hood to ours so we might be able to work with scoops that have been used on that car (Aftermarket of course). We do not mind buying a full hood to get a scoop. The other is the 1999-2000 Mustang using something along the lines of this.

$_12.JPG

It's going to take a fair bit of searching to find the right scoop but I am sure what we are after has been done 10 times over.
Going this route is MUCH cheaper and will keep the cost of the hood down so its a win win if we can find something.

As far as shipping goes, 95% of our customers are from the USA. We have discounts with UPS, Canada Post and USPS that are up to 50% off. Currently we offer free shipping within Canada and the lower 48 on orders over $100.00.

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
Really am digging that heat extractor hood... I know you guys will do what is best for us and we will be waiting. Thanks again, means a lot to us.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
@[email protected] just curious, in this case 16-2013-dodge-dart-srt4-byr34neon01.jpg cold air comes from the front and immediately goes away from the vent as WARM air, but hot air still might stay in between windshield and vent... Am I right? Or this is not how it works?

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
16-2013-dodge-dart-srt4-byr34neon01.jpg
@[email protected], I think this concept would be better than trying to use a scoop. I think this would be better at keeping the engine bay temps low without creating a lot of turbulence.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Heres a better rendering of the one above.

View attachment 31716

The thing that I am worried about is the room we have to play with under the hood. It may not be possible to have a heat extractor like this without increasing the height of the hood like Mopar did to theirs. Its not all that hard taking a scoop off another car and mold it into another hood. However when you are messing around with large areas of a hood 3d designing is about the only logical way to go. I personally would like to avoid the 3d designing and just find something already out there to use and then change it up a tad.

The Cavalier has a similar hood to ours so we might be able to work with scoops that have been used on that car (Aftermarket of course). We do not mind buying a full hood to get a scoop. The other is the 1999-2000 Mustang using something along the lines of this.

View attachment 31717

It's going to take a fair bit of searching to find the right scoop but I am sure what we are after has been done 10 times over.
Going this route is MUCH cheaper and will keep the cost of the hood down so its a win win if we can find something.

As far as shipping goes, 95% of our customers are from the USA. We have discounts with UPS, Canada Post and USPS that are up to 50% off. Currently we offer free shipping within Canada and the lower 48 on orders over $100.00.
I have a question. So the scat package darts have honeycomb vents instead of fog lights. Could you guys see if that would help the hood or compliment it? Like more air flow into the engine bay? Or if anything could you guys make honeycomb vents where the fogs are? Just throwing ideas out

·
Registered
590 Posts
Getting back to engine bay temperatures, I saw Motorweek (PBS) this morning and Goss's garage was all about that. They showed an infrared thermometer and a thermal imaging camera and how to use them. The laser thermometer can be aimed the header pipes to find a dead cylinder( the cool one) and the camera can look at fuses and plug in connectors for connection problems as they give off more heat if the connection is bad. I have a thermometer I use for fry pan temps but would really like a camera and would have one but for the price. I'm putting the thermometer in the car and will check under the hood for readings. What should I aim at?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts