Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I received an urgent vehicle recall notice in the mail sometime in the second half of 2018 from FCA. It states that my 2014 2.4L must be repaired due to a loss of CO and NOx. The notice states that FCA would contact me by mail again with follow-up when a remedy and parts are available.

Did anybody else receive this recall.? I'm surprised I cannot find an already existing thread for recalls, or catalytic converters.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, yes I got the same for my 2014 Cherokee 2.4L. FCA has not come up with a fix for this UA3 recall notice as of June 26, 2019 and when I contacted them was told not to worry about it, there is no safety concern, unknown when or if there will be a fix and with Doug Ford eliminating the drive clean test nothing to worry about right? I could not believe my ears what I was hearing from their customer service person. So like you, I am driving around potentially damaging the catalytic converter, polluting the air and FCA does not seem to care especially mentioning Doug Ford emission test elimination.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, yes I got the same for my 2014 Cherokee 2.4L. FCA has not come up with a fix for this UA3 recall notice as of June 26, 2019 and when I contacted them was told not to worry about it, there is no safety concern, unknown when or if there will be a fix and with Doug Ford eliminating the drive clean test nothing to worry about right? I could not believe my ears what I was hearing from their customer service person. So like you, I am driving around potentially damaging the catalytic converter, polluting the air and FCA does not seem to care especially mentioning Doug Ford emission test elimination.
This is most frustrating - 2 years 2 long in the waiting - who wants to drive a potential fire mobile!!!!!
When cat's heat up it a major fire hazard....... danger!!!! I'm angry..........
I love my shithawk but man it stinks in the morning when you start it up........ smells like epoxy glue, really noxious glue!
The worst experience to date was a trip into the Okanagan, arriving in the heat of the day after 5 hours driving - my Jeep had a real strange burning smell, poison's stench unlike anything before.... like burning exhaust / electrical what ever it was was strong - Yup verified it was comming from my exhaust. Frick the dealers are useless..... "" oh yes mamm, oh sorry mamm, nothing we can do mamm!
okay that was my rant for the year. I'm considering just paying for a new cat myself and sending an invoice to MOPAR CANADA ......... HERE it's your RECALL PART BACK........... PLEASE SEND ME MY CREDIT........

·
Premium Member
6,196 Posts
I've never heard of this recall before, and there's precious little on the Interwebs. Does it even affect the Dart? All the lists of affected vehicles I've seen use previous generation WGE 2.4L engines, but like I said, I couldn't find much and all of it was from early-mid 2019.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts