Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have noticed a dummy sensor on the water neck of my engine.. what get's me the most is that there is a plug that would fit, but the dummy sensor is filled with epoxy. There is no way to connect the two. The dummy sensor is on the driver's side,at the water neck. The dummy sensor is held in place with a c-clip. Anyone seen the same thing? Mine is a 2.0 w/ manual. SE model.

·
Administrator
5,995 Posts
I looked at my SE and do not see any loose connectors in that area. What are the wire colors in the connector?

Reactions: longtimemopar

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It appears to be a dummy water temp sensor. The coolant hose in the photos attaches to a water neck. the sensor is plugged into that neck.

Auto part Engine Automotive tire Vehicle Car

My index finger is touching both the sensor and the plug.

EDIT!: It looks to me like the water neck is the top of the thermostat housing?

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
HOUSING. Thermostat. Incl's Thermostat.
Part Number: 05047861AA ; 05047772AB; 05047263AB; 05047263AC
This fits your 2013 Dodge Dart

but the sketch looks diffrent:

but googling part number:05047772AB found an ebay listing with pictures.

Looks like we found what your seeing. and because its a 2013 i wouldst be surprised if it was a left over part from something else and they moved the senor before fixing the casting.

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Dart Aero 1.4T
3,639 Posts
mid production design changes, using old wire loom parts. if you look at the part numbers they have a few rev B's in them so. could be legacy left over.
Yet again another fine detective job!

·
Administrator
5,995 Posts
If you don't have any codes or driveability issues, then most likely it isn't needed and you don't need to be concerned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found same thing on my 2.0 2013 sxt auto. No wires anywhere that wouldbeven go in it..who knows. Ive have checked everything..i feel same way it drives me crazy to know its there and for no reason but to lazy to take it out and close it up...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts