Dodge Dart Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe not.

http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-transmission/8719-clutch-pedal-pressed-all-way.html

Its a car, not perfection on wheels. Then again, the new $70,000 Alfa Romeo 4C comes with my exact same DDCT transmission. Must not be that bad after all, no? :)
I just looked online. $50k+, I'll pass! The wife and I are actually half ass interested in the Fiat 500x with the 2.4 mated with the 9 speed AWD. We test drove the 500 L. What a dog. To me it felt heavy and under powered and butt ugly! We also test drove the 500 Abarth Cabrio with the manny tranny. That was fun. I guess I will wait and see come July 4th as thats the 2016 500x release date. Oh yeah, my 13 Dart 1.4 ddct is in the shop getting the ddct replaced. Thats par for course. We love that car, by the way.

·
Registered
398 Posts
So instead of making a new thread I figure I'll post here..

I have the 1.4 DDCT and I've noticed in the past few months my transmission has been having problems shifting between 1st and 2nd and sometimes 2nd to 3rd. I also noticed a rattle sound when going forward at idle and especially at half brake I took it into the dealership (mind you this is the 3rd time I've taken it in for this problem) and after raising some hell because they said they couldn't hear it. I sat a tech in my car and showed it to him. So now they're replacing my transmission with ONLY 400 MILES left on my warranty! So now I get a new 35k mile warranty on the new transmission. At least I'm driving around a (free) loaner car until they get it done. Anybody know how much a brand new DDCT transmission costs? I'd just like to know how big of a bullet I just dodged. (pun kind of intended)

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
O

I have the 1.4 DDCT and I've noticed in the past few months my transmission has been having problems shifting between 1st and 2nd and sometimes 2nd to 3rd. I also noticed a rattle sound when going forward at idle and especially at half brake I took it into the dealership (mind you this is the 3rd time I've taken it in for this problem) and after raising some hell because they said they couldn't hear it. I sat a tech in my car and showed it to him. So now they're replacing my transmission with ONLY 400 MILES left on my warranty! So now I get a new 35k mile warranty on the new transmission. At least I'm driving around a (free) loaner car until they get it done. Anybody know how much a brand new DDCT transmission costs? I'd just like to know how big of a bullet I just dodged. (pun kind of intended)
With the darts very poor resale value (sad face) I bet you just found a way to justify keeping your car. I'm guessing it's a $2k job, what is current blue book value of your limited dart? About $12k-14k?

·
Registered
398 Posts
O

With the darts very poor resale value (sad face) I bet you just found a way to justify keeping your car. I'm guessing it's a $2k job, what is current blue book value of your limited dart? About $12k-14k?
Assuming "Very Good" condition. For a fully loaded limited, trade in for a dealer is $14,028 and sale to a private party is $16,198. Not bad, seeing as how my next payment I'll owe under 19k on it. I didn't buy this car as an investment because we all know new cars are terrible investments. I bought it because it's a reliable (for the most part), fun, and sporty car with all the features I want.

·
Registered
270 Posts

The DDCT is covered by your 5 year 100,000 mile power train warranty. The new one will be covered in that time frame as well. A new one lists for $4420.00

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I would be interested to see what your work order states for the reason for replacing the DDCT. I've got 82K trouble free miles on my DDCT, except for the reflash of the TCM.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just bought a 2013 limited with the 1.4L and DDCT a few weeks ago. Having the same issues described in this thread. Dealership has had the car longer than I have. Replaced TCM, but service trans message still appears. Waiting on Chrysler to tell then what to do next.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering if your issue was ever resolved Ranger08?
I also have a '13 1.4 multi-air turbo... Having the exact same issue. I was rolling to a stop, check engine light comes on, says service transmission, says to shift to neutral and shift back to drive, then says drive not found. Also tends to get up to 3,000-4,000 rpm before down shifting. Did you ever have this issue resolved?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2013 limited with the 1.4L and DDCT a few weeks ago. Having the same issues described in this thread. Dealership has had the car longer than I have. Replaced TCM, but service trans message still appears. Waiting on Chrysler to tell then what to do next.

Hi Chrisminx, i read your thread and my fiance and me have the same dodge dart , he had just gotten the TCM replaced today and everything was fine but out of no where excatly what is happened to yours is happening to his ... service transmission is on and it is not shifting correctly . I was wondering if you had got your problem fixed and what chryslar / dodge had did to go about this problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had the same issue with my car today...Driving from upstate New YORK to Newark airport,started to smell something like electronics burning...all of a sudden...message center said"auto stick unavaileable and put it in nuetral then drive...Well that didnt work,so i turned it off for a while! when I restarted it 15 minutes later..message was Service Transmission...I have 92000 miles on my 2013 1.4 ddct with never a PROBLEM!.This doesn't sound good!...off to service I go!! WILL POST RESULTS

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is anyone with 2015 ddtc turbo having issues? Or was this mainly 2013 cars?
I have 2015 aero ddct and just happened to me smoking and burning smell after sitting too long in drivethru with car in drive..... Then fell out of gear momentarily in the parking lot. Feq times....then acted normal.... Then didnt happen again after that... But i had the recall r42 done a week later. Asked them to check car but of course cant duplicate the problem. Do u think any damage was done??

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
I have 2015 aero ddct and just happened to me smoking and burning smell after sitting too long in drivethru with car in drive..... Then fell out of gear momentarily in the parking lot. Feq times....then acted normal.... Then didnt happen again after that... But i had the recall r42 done a week later. Asked them to check car but of course cant duplicate the problem. Do u think any damage was done??
Maybe it reduced the life of a clutch somewhat, but it really doesn't matter. As long as it is functioning normally now, there is no chance you'll get anywhere with FCA or the dealership. Also, were you creeping the car forward a lot? I've noticed that the C635 DDCT does a good job of simulating being able to creep like with a normal automatic, but I imagine it does so by slipping the 1-3-5-R clutch without mercy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Maybe it reduced the life of a clutch somewhat, but it really doesn't matter. As long as it is functioning normally now, there is no chance you'll get anywhere with FCA or the dealership. Also, were you creeping the car forward a lot? I've noticed that the C635 DDCT does a good job of simulating being able to creep like with a normal automatic, but I imagine it does so by slipping the 1-3-5-R clutch without mercy.
Not slipping just sitting there. Yeah they wont help if thats the case probably. 23k miles wont cover the clutch anyway

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Not slipping just sitting there. Yeah they wont help if thats the case probably. 23k miles wont cover the clutch anyway
Actually, for the DDCT, the clutches are considered part of the transmission, and are covered by the powertrain warranty. So, assuming you're in the US, they have 5 year / 100,000 miles of warranty coverage (it's 5 year / 100,000kms in Canada).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Actually, for the DDCT, the clutches are considered part of the transmission, and are covered by the powertrain warranty. So, assuming you're in the US, they have 5 year / 100,000 miles of warranty coverage (it's 5 year / 100,000kms in Canada).
Really?? I didnt know that! Imma go re-read the warranty info thank u!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just got a CEL and message "Auto Stick not responding" ('13 w/63k)... the transmission was not shifting as it should (very late to up or down shift, or not shifting at all)... if I accelerated slowly, and eased off the gas about when it should upshift, it would, then smoothly back on the gas to avoid a potential downshift... after shutdown and restart, it behaved fine, but the CEL and a "Service Transmission" remains.
Will see what the dealership has to say after power returns, post hurricane IRMA.

My shop guy seems to think there is a recall for TCM replacement, separate and after the TCM bracket recall, but the main FCA dealer service line says nothing after the bracket recall.
Can anyone shed some light on this?

TiA,

61 - 80 of 93 Posts