Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Been awhile since I have been here. So, in my 16 dart I was going around town to doctors appointments etc. and when I was leaving one of my stops and backing out, my left headlight stopped working. When I got to my next stop, I got out checked the plug best I could, but its still out.
I dont know how long after I bought the car the drivers side rear tail light went out. The brake light and side marker work, I have delt with that issue until now, but am I seeing a trend?
I dont have LED lights, and I dont have high or low beams on the drivers side.

Im wondering if its something wrong in my electrical system or is the lamp actually dead? I know its a real pain to get at..

TIA,

Jeff

· Administrator
6,301 Posts
You can check an incandescent bulb using the Ohm scale on a multimeter. Do you have the plastic access panel in the wheel well splash shield? If it's missing, water splashing on the headlight module may have caused corrosion.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Umm, I think its there. Haven't had any problems until now since I live in the desert. Interestingly enough, on the dash display since I posted, It keeps going back and forth saying it's out or normal, yet the light is still out, so Im thinking bad connection somewhere, but not at the bulb.
The corrosion could be the problem, yet, it seems that there was damage (before I bought the car) to the left side, given the problem with the left rear, now the left front, scrapes on the wheels (rims)and I think what looks to be replacement part tags on some of the front end parts. I could be wrong but suspicious.

Thx

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, new update AG,
So last night, it wasn't quite dark enough for auto lights, so I switched it on manually. I then noticed that the right side light was out. I was able to get the one high beam, but not the low. I then switched it back to auto and had the right side low beam again.
Now I am wondering if the problem is with the switch/ (Connection?) since it keeps going back and forth, but the switching between auto and manual lights had me befuddled. Would this be tied in with the rear tail light also??

TIA,
Jeff

· Administrator
6,301 Posts
It's nearly impossible to tell with the way everything lighting goes through the BCM. It could be the switch, the wiring, a connector, the daylight sensor, or the BCM. You might be able to find another headlight switch at a you pull type junkyard fairly cheap.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's nearly impossible to tell with the way everything lighting goes through the BCM. It could be the switch, the wiring, a connector, the daylight sensor, or the BCM. You might be able to find another headlight switch at a you pull type junkyard fairly cheap.
Well, thanks for the info. As usual, I was overthinking the problem. It was simply just the bulb. Replaced in about 5 min. Im thinking now I just need to replace the rear tail light assy to make that work correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts