Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I found out that something was draining my battery on my 2015 Dodge Dart RallyE. Came to find out that it was a fuse from the BCM called the “Stop Lamp Switch”. I didn’t know what that meant till I turned on my car. My radio and ac control panels do not work whatsoever. I plugged the fuse back again and it was for my radio and ac. Couldn’t leave it on because it will drain my battery because it’s using amps(forgot the word it was called) when my car is off. Came here to ask if anyone here has had that issue or some sort? I would believe that it’s some type of wiring or maybe my computer. I could be wrong. Anyways just wanted to see what you guys opinions on it.
Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
3,808 Posts
What fuse number on which fuse panel? There is the underhood PDC, the interior PDC, or the BCM. Search google images to find pics with the fuse number.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What fuse number on which fuse panel? There is the underhood PDC, the interior PDC, or the BCM. Search google images to find pics with the fuse number.
It’s on the BCM. F49 7.5 Amp brown. I even tried replacing it with a new one but when I check it with my multimeter it’s still using more power than what’s it’s supposed to when the vehicle is off

·
Super Moderator
3,808 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,808 Posts
The schematic shows that the F49 fuse powers the touchscreen and remote CD player. Try disconnecting the touchscreen connector to see if the parasitic draw still happens. If you have the remote CD player in the console, try the same. If you still have the parasitic draw, the problem is in the BCM or the wiring. If it points to the touchscreen or CD player, that would need to be replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts