Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new Dart owner. Bought a used 2014 2.4L Manual. I am curious if anyone has had issue with the car's plastic shroud dragging on the road every time the road gets uneven, like where a driveway at a slight incline connects to the road or even some speed bumps. I feel like I am driving a low rider for how often this happens. I looked under the car today and found the plastic parts on the undercarriage, especially the plastic piece just under the front bumper are getting mangled. Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice?

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
I am a new Dart owner. Bought a used 2014 2.4L Manual. I am curious if anyone has had issue with the car's plastic shroud dragging on the road every time the road gets uneven, like where a driveway at a slight incline connects to the road or even some speed bumps. I feel like I am driving a low rider for how often this happens. I looked under the car today and found the plastic parts on the undercarriage, especially the plastic piece just under the front bumper are getting mangled. Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice?
I guess it depends what you mean by "slight incline". On some inclines, if you hit them too fast, yeah, you can scrape the front of the plastic "skid panel" a bit. If it's steep enough, you will scrape, no matter what. It's a little worse than many other cars, but it's not that bad. After 4-1/2 years, mine has scuff marks on the panel, but no damage. If it's really scraping a lot and the panels are attached tightly, my first question would be whether the previous owner perhaps installed lowering springs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fair point. I do not think there were lowering springs installed as the dealer told me it was a rental car before I bought it. Though I cannot fathom why any rental agency would have a manual transmission in its fleet. But perhaps that's why it had as few miles, 25k, as it did. I'll pay closer attention to where I am dragging and will see if I can... angle it more of something.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Dodge Dart and I also have lost the engine shroud under the engine - looking to replace with a 1/4" aluminium plate - is this recommended since the original shroud is only pressed fabric and plastc????

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have a 2013 Dodge Dart and I also have lost the engine shroud under the engine - looking to replace with a 1/4" aluminium plate - is this recommended since the original shroud is only pressed fabric and plastc????
Deyeme Racing has a replacement combination closeout pan and belly panel that increases the clearance and I believe it has been favorably reviewed on this forum. The price is about the same as (perhaps cheaper) buying the closeout panel and belly panel separately online.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Dodge Dart and have ripped some of the under shroud by scraping. I have recently found that that arm and joints on the wheels have gone bad with only 70K miles on it. Said it I keep dragging and replace these they won't last long.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Always turn on an angle when you cross a dip from a driveway. Avoid pulling up to parking lot curbs. The closeout panel is easily replaced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts