Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am still learning on working on cars. I was pressed for time and in a rush to remove my downpipe to make space to do my rear motor mount that I messed up and forgot to apply pb blaster to the bolt and nut that connect the downpipe to the rest of the exhaust. I snapped the bolt in half (dumb mistake, I know) I just need someone to point me in the right direction. If anyone knows the name of the type of bolt, the grade, honestly anything would be extremely helpful.

·
Super Moderator
4,594 Posts
That is a pressed in splined bolt. The Dart parts manual shows it as part of the manivertor. Older Mopar vehicles had a similar bolt part number 6503767. It might work, not sure if anyone has tried it. You will need to remove the broken piece from the manifold.
6503767 M8x1.25x35

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
That is a pressed in splined bolt. The Dart parts manual shows it as part of the manivertor. Older Mopar vehicles had a similar bolt part number 6503767. It might work, not sure if anyone has tried it. You will need to remove the broken piece from the manifold.
6503767 M8x1.25x35
View attachment 127802
View attachment 127803
I could swear someone on here had to drill theirs out and replace. I know mine was stripped and I had to break the nut and re-thread it. I believe in that thread someone mentioned replacing that bolt. It may have been in a thread about installing the Deyeme Rear Mount.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,458 Posts
I could swear someone on here had to drill theirs out and replace. I know mine was stripped and I had to break the nut and re-thread it. I believe in that thread someone mentioned replacing that bolt. It may have been in a thread about installing the Deyeme Rear Mount.

Although I never posted about it, I accidentally broke one of mine because it was right next to what I was supposed to be removing for the motor mount. It's like the nut is welded to the bolt and you will literally twist the bolt apart without the nut ever cracking loose at all. I won't lie, I did nothing about it and just left it.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Although I never posted about it, I accidentally broke one of mine because it was right next to what I was supposed to be removing for the motor mount. It's like the nut is welded to the bolt and you will literally twist the bolt apart without the nut ever cracking loose at all. I won't lie, I did nothing about it and just left it.
I would imagine you could drill it out and use a new hardened bolt, washer, lock washer and nut (and maybe some blue threadlocker). This is just my opinion as a very amateur mechanic.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I did the same thing to my car a couple years ago. Here is the post I made about fixing it

Threaded stud from cat to flex pipe

Reactions: Mass_Paul

·
Super Moderator
4,594 Posts
It's a splined bolt/stud. What's confusing is the hex head. This makes one think that it turns but it doesn't. It's like a wheel lug stud. The hex is there just to get it started when pressing it in.

Reactions: Mass_Paul

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I did the same thing to my car a couple years ago. Here is the post I made about fixing it

Threaded stud from cat to flex pipe
Thank you @josh16, I knew I was part of a conversation about this at some point. Age and memory don't always play together well...

Reactions: josh16

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,
I am still learning on working on cars. I was pressed for time and in a rush to remove my downpipe to make space to do my rear motor mount that I messed up and forgot to apply pb blaster to the bolt and nut that connect the downpipe to the rest of the exhaust. I snapped the bolt in half (dumb mistake, I know) I just need someone to point me in the right direction. If anyone knows the name of the type of bolt, the grade, honestly anything would be extremely helpful. View attachment 127798
Hey, don't feel dumb. Anyone who has not broken a bolt, hasn't worked on exhaust pipes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts