Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched everywhere online and still no luck, contacted countless companies and still no help. If anyone can help me with this situation it would be absolutely amazing!

·
Registered
581 Posts
If you mean a totally black rotor won't the breaking surface stop being black after about the first half mile of use?

If you want the non breaking surface part to be black (The edge of the disc...the center...the lip in the middle that you can see through the wheel spokes...) you might just try caliper paint. It's high temperature and shouldn't interfere with the quality of the metal.

I know they make all black discs, but they aren't black all the way through (are they?!, cause that would be awesome). The black is just a surface coating that will wear off fast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they make them and they say the color doesn't fade from use. Just no company makes them for the dart yet from what I can tell

·
Registered
388 Posts
Have you checked with Advanced Brake Technology? I doubt they have them on hand, but could probably make a set for you. They made the black zinc rotors for my srt4 four years ago and theyre still black.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Don't mean to hijack thread, but where can I get caliper paint to paint my currently ugly grey calipers? My dart is white, wheels are hyper black... red calipers???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't mean to hijack thread, but where can I get caliper paint to paint my currently ugly grey calipers? My dart is white, wheels are hyper black... red calipers???
You don't need a specific caliper paint though its only a few dollars more. You can use a premium rust preventative paint like Rust Oleum or Ace Hardware Rust Stop spray or pint size brush on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts