Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a dart gt sport blacktop and I was thinking about getting the Mopar cold air intake with the Mopar air induct, does anyone here have both on and if so how is it. Like how does it sound, does it destroy your mpg, does it feel any different, the only thing I've done to my car is I did a muffler delete and I added an injen cai but im not happy at all, I noticed so sound difference what so ever.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have it. My car came with the hood so I installed both items you mentioned. The sound is better but if you have a muffler delete, I doubt you're going to hear it too much. My MPG actually went up as you're forcing cooler outside air in most circumstances depending where you live right into the filter instead of the typical CAI which sits inside a insanely hot engine bay. One thing you should know though, there is no replacement filter for that kit so when you clean it, you can't drive for a day or two until it dries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it. My car came with the hood so I installed both items youmentioned. The sound is better but if you have a muffler delete, I doubt you're going to hear it too much. My MPG actually went up as you're forcing cooler outside air in most circumstances depending where you live right into the filter instead of the typical CAI which sits inside a insanely hot engine bay. One thing you should know though, there is no replacement filter for that kit so when you clean it, you can't drive for a day or two until it dries.
My car has the hood too 👍🏻. Do you have any exhaust then? how much is your mpg? And last question, does your dart usually run hot. I’ve noticed some instances where the engine bay is super hot. Car runs fine, but when i’ll take it for a drive sometimes i can just feel the heat so much. i’ve taken it twice to a shop and they said it’s fine no issues . Does your run hot too?

·
Registered
276 Posts
My car has the hood too 👍🏻. Do you have any exhaust then? how much is your mpg? And last question, does your dart usually run hot. I’ve noticed some instances where the engine bay is super hot. Car runs fine, but when i’ll take it for a drive sometimes i can just feel the heat so much. i’ve taken it twice to a shop and they said it’s fine no issues . Does your run hot too?
yes, the hot engine is a known thing with these cars. I swear you could grill a steak on the hood to well done no problems if you wanted after a drive on the highway.

Yes I have the Mopar exhaust after dealing with some rusting on the Heart throb exhaust after just a year. The MPG is usually around 27-28 with a mix 30-70 mix of city and highway. All highway and i'm in the mid thirties.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Modern Performance Has replacement filters for that product
they do? their website just shows the full Mopar kit and then replacement filters for other branded kits.

The mopar kit has the filter attached to the top plastic piece, not a filter clamped on the end of a tube

1 - 6 of 6 Posts