Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this topic has probably been beaten dead by the amount of times its been asked, but I tried to find similar topics and came up with nothing. If it's already been answered feel free to leave a link to the thread! Thank you!

Okay so I have a 2015 sxt dodge dart with the basic dashboard, not touch screen, however I do not believe my dashboard came with the instrumental lining light option in the car. I've heard that it is possible to still install the lights manually because the fuse box still has a slot for it even though the car itself does not have a switch. Once o figure out how to do those lights, I'm interested in also illuminating the rest of the interior. Can someone please tell me if this is even possible? Maybe link me to kits or LEDs I can use, as well as as much helpful tips! I literally have 0 knowledge about cars, kind of also want to do this myself without including my boyfriend or my dad haha 馃槀

Registered
The factory light and light pipe around the dash is built into the panel itself. You have to either purchase a new dash beze with the light panel or to someone like herculeds.com and buy the rope light they have for it. that gets wedged in there.

Premium Member
I'm sure this topic has probably been beaten dead by the amount of times its been asked, but I tried to find similar topics and came up with nothing. If it's already been answered feel free to leave a link to the thread! Thank you!

Okay so I have a 2015 sxt dodge dart with the basic dashboard, not touch screen, however I do not believe my dashboard came with the instrumental lining light option in the car. I've heard that it is possible to still install the lights manually because the fuse box still has a slot for it even though the car itself does not have a switch. Once o figure out how to do those lights, I'm interested in also illuminating the rest of the interior. Can someone please tell me if this is even possible? Maybe link me to kits or LEDs I can use, as well as as much helpful tips! I literally have 0 knowledge about cars, kind of also want to do this myself without including my boyfriend or my dad haha 锟斤拷
First of all, welcome to the forum! @drobinder can surely help you out with LED solutions.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
The factory light and light pipe around the dash is built into the panel itself. You have to either purchase a new dash beze with the light panel or to someone like herculeds.com and buy the rope light they have for it. that gets wedged in there.
Thank you for the helpful reply!! Do you think I would need to buy a fuse box as well if I go the hurculeds route?

Registered
Thank you for the helpful reply!! Do you think I would need to buy a fuse box as well if I go the hurculeds route?
The easiest route would be just to get one of those "add-a-circuit" fuses. You can pop it into a empty fuse spot on one of the fuses boxes behind the dash for power, just grab one that gets 12v when the key is on, and 0v with the key off. The factory illuminated instrument panel also has a dimmer on the dash near the head light switch, but with that even during the day if it were on you wouldnt be able to see the light so you could just wire with without the dimmer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts