·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this and had to share! Hope this wasn't someone on here lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
Obviously he picked the best car for the job!

I don't have the balls to drink and drive.. for the sake of my dart

·
Registered
131 Posts
You see those brake rotors turn RED at about the 12:00 mark? Looks like he got up to 108 MPH at about the 22:45 mark. He needs more mods...lol.

Maybe the BBK for more stopping power and a turbo (if it was 2.0/2.4)

Or maybe he should just save up for bail money...:haha:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I almost feared it was going to be like the recent Toyota Prius commercial where people everywhere were rooting for it to actually outrun the cops. :wink:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Either he had the big break kit with slotted rotors or we got some real gewd brakes on our cars :p

Watching that video made me feel like a high stakes football game! Who knew watching chases like that was so entertaining!

·
Registered
15 Posts
You know... watching this, I can't help but wonder what kind of Dart it was. Limited? GT? I doubt it was the SE, considering how quickly it was able to accelerate (watch someone prove me wrong).

If this car was sold later on, at least it was proven to handle some hard driving. Though hope at least the rotors and breaks were replaced. :p

·
Registered
298 Posts
You know... watching this, I can't help but wonder what kind of Dart it was. Limited? GT? I doubt it was the SE, considering how quickly it was able to accelerate (watch someone prove me wrong).

If this car was sold later on, at least it was proven to handle some hard driving. Though hope at least the rotors and breaks were replaced. :p
SXT 2.0 is what I'm thinking. Check the wheels, lack of dual exhaust tips and of course the race tracks. You can see him hit a couple bumps and it settles drown real quick, so he may have upgraded or it's a GT.

Overall though, the first thing that struck me was how terrible those OEM halogens are...there's a lot of places you can't tell his lights are on, and he's in the dark. I would like to know WHY he was riding those brakes so hard. Clearly an automatic though.

Reactions: Dartanyion

·
Premium Member
6,461 Posts
No blacked out front bumper, so it's not a GT.
It's debadged, but it appears to have the hidden single exhaust rear fascia and no fog lights. It also has 5-spoke wheels, but I can't tell if they're the OEM ones. There's not quite enough evidence to pin it down, but it's not a GT or Rallye (because of the fascia), and I think the Limited always had fog lights, so it's probably an SE, Aero, or SXT with some upgrades. A base Dart SE automatic can do everything seen in this video, especially if you drive down the freeway with reckless abandon with the LAPD in tow. Riding the brakes at +100mph is pretty darned stupid, though. At those speeds, you're going to want those babies working for you at some point. It was actually pretty impressive how well the brakes still seemed to be working at the end of the chase.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
First I've seen this thread. Pretty cool. And pretty long too ! You'd think that there would be higher tech methods of demobilization of a vehicle by the police. Chases can be quite dangerous for innocent peeps.
I'm thinking some kind of electronic interference device that could be aimed at the perp vehicle and neutralize the electrical system.
Just a thought. I know they use the tire shredder things, but those are pretty hard to use on a populated situation.
The only thing I could find was this : Grappler Police Bumper: Arizona man invents device to stop high-speed pursuit suspects - Story | KSAZ

The bad guys would need to Grapple with the stuation.

·
Registered
298 Posts
First I've seen this thread. Pretty cool. And pretty long too ! You'd think that there would be higher tech methods of demobilization of a vehicle by the police. Chases can be quite dangerous for innocent peeps.
I'm thinking some kind of electronic interference device that could be aimed at the perp vehicle and neutralize the electrical system.
Just a thought. I know they use the tire shredder things, but those are pretty hard to use on a populated situation.
The only thing I could find was this : Grappler Police Bumper: Arizona man invents device to stop high-speed pursuit suspects - Story | KSAZ

The bad guys would need to Grapple with the stuation.
That's actually really rad, and would be a lot safer than 99% of high speed police chases. I hope this is the next weapon EVERY police force spends money on before some tactical tank bullshit. Totally support this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts