Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Very nice! Do you have a CAI (if so, what kind) and/or an OB Throttle Body? Is that the MPx Exhaust built for the header, or something different? How long have you had the header and do you notice the gains in HP and Torque? Questions....questions....questions....!!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Very nice! Do you have a CAI (if so, what kind) and/or an OB Throttle Body? Is that the MPx Exhaust built for the header, or something different? How long have you had the header and do you notice the gains in HP and Torque? Questions....questions....questions....!!!!
From his youtube:
MPX Header into a custom exhaust, 2.25 inch piping, nothing too technical. However I have seen other darts with the same set-up for the most part and theirs don't bang and pop like mine so I'm not 100% why mine does it. I also have a Injen intake. I have also made slices inside the bumper that you don't see but it forces air towards the air filter.

What im really curious about is the god damned tailights!!! What are you using to get that effect????? me wants...

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
From what others have said on the org, only the MPX header AND exhaust combo will have the least amount of popping/raspiness.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

From his youtube:
MPX Header into a custom exhaust, 2.25 inch piping, nothing too technical. However I have seen other darts with the same set-up for the most part and theirs don't bang and pop like mine so I'm not 100% why mine does it. I also have a Injen intake. I have also made slices inside the bumper that you don't see but it forces air towards the air filter.

What im really curious about is the god damned tailights!!! What are you using to get that effect????? me wants...
I'm not sure what effect you are talking about. If its the lights flickering it's probably just the camera or sunlight.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yes I have the Injen CAI installed. However i would suggest wrapping the tube because the engine bay gets so hot. As for hp/gains. There is quite a significant difference and you will feel it especially when driving on the hwy and you need to pass...the power is right there for you. If you want any specific video done just let me know.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
What type of finish did you get on the header?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I also have the mpx header in ceramic with mpx catback. The sound is perfect for daily driving and does feel more powerful but I wont know until I put it on the dyno. 31416968_10155328854692093_5922317863149895680_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I also have the mpx header in ceramic with mpx catback. The sound is perfect for daily driving and does feel more powerful but I wont know until I put it on the dyno. View attachment 116848
Thanks for the video. Looks and sounds great. I like the little detail of the orange lettering on your engine cover. Ties everything together nicely. Do you happen to have any videos of you giving it some revving? If not, no big deal.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thanks for the video. Looks and sounds great. I like the little detail of the orange lettering on your engine cover. Ties everything together nicely. Do you happen to have any videos of you giving it some revving? If not, no big deal.
I need to do one but thats kinda hard getting a good pov and sound with a phone when you are alone. I will probably do one when summer come since the car is in storage

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I also have the mpx header in ceramic with mpx catback. The sound is perfect for daily driving and does feel more powerful but I wont know until I put it on the dyno. View attachment 116848
@Anch ,

How much louder than the stock exhaust is this? I am older, need to stay respectable and don't want a car that others my age are turned off by. However, I do want all of the gains associated. Would you say it adds a little growl while staying respectable? Really want to pull the trigger on this, but afraid it is going to be too loud.

Thanks!

·
Registered
695 Posts
@Anch ,

How much louder than the stock exhaust is this? I am older, need to stay respectable and don't want a car that others my age are turned off by. However, I do want all of the gains associated. Would you say it adds a little growl while staying respectable? Really want to pull the trigger on this, but afraid it is going to be too loud.

Thanks!
It's sure louder than oem but quieter then when I had a magnaflow muffler with the stock reso. So I would say it's probably in the ballpark of the summit racing catback. I was used to the muffler delete so for me it was a big step down on noise and now I can listen to music and can talk without yelling to my passenger

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
It's sure louder than oem but quieter then when I had a magnaflow muffler with the stock reso. So I would say it's probably in the ballpark of the summit racing catback. I was used to the muffler delete so for me it was a big step down on noise and now I can listen to music and can talk without yelling to my passenger
Thanks. Have almost talked myself into it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Im glad you decided against it!

One day I was grocery shopping in Salinas with the wife and I heard what I thought was something big because it was loud!

Turns out the white dart, blue Mopar sticker, with what I think is a 2.0 was just as loud as the mustang behind it with no muffler. I struggled for a while to figure out how he got it that loud and well this is most likely it.

I have no muffler and still have the resonator, my car makes noise and I've been made fun of (fart can? Nnnnnope, Fart pipe lol!), but it's nowhere near as annoyingly loud as that guy and his friend. I also do make regular phone calls that don't constantly revolve around "WHAT???" while on the highway at least that guy I'm pretty sure cannot.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Im glad you decided against it!

One day I was grocery shopping in Salinas with the wife and I heard what I thought was something big because it was loud!

Turns out the white dart, blue Mopar sticker, with what I think is a 2.0 was just as loud as the mustang behind it with no muffler. I struggled for a while to figure out how he got it that loud and well this is most likely it.

I have no muffler and still have the resonator, my car makes noise and I've been made fun of (fart can? Nnnnnope, Fart pipe lol!), but it's nowhere near as annoyingly loud as that guy and his friend. I also do make regular phone calls that don't constantly revolve around "WHAT???" while on the highway at least that guy I'm pretty sure cannot.
I probably did not express myself properly in my last post, but I meant I have almost made my decision to decide and go with the MPx header and exhaust. I am still concerned with the noise. I definately want something more aggressive than OEM with CAI & OB TB, but don't want to be a nuisance. I also want the gains associated with this exhaust that you can't get in any other way.

I completely respect and agree with what you are saying. Don't want to make a large purchase that I will regret.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts