Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prototype is done. I will be making the production molds for this within the next week. I was thinking of opening up a pre order if you guys are interested.

The production version will be painted to match the interior and have a sandy texture to it. The pod in the pictures below does not have the correct paint and has no texture. It will be secured with a screw not seen in the picture.

Price is $78.50 USD + shipping (normally around $11-15.00 for an item of this size.)

ddpp1.JPG
ddpp2.JPG
ddpp3.JPG
ddpp4.JPG

DISCLAIMER: Installation on side impact air bag equipped cars is not recommended. Inline Carbon will not be responsible in the event of injury, death, damage caused by installing this gauge pod on a car equipped with side impact air bags.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any idea if you'll be doing a triple any time soon? And will this be available in carbon fiber?
Yes in a couple of weeks we should have a triple and single. We may offer them in carbon fiber but the price will be double if not triple the cost.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I should also mention that this is NOT an overlay and does not require you to DRILL into your factory a-pillar. It will come with a bracket that installs to the factory clips that you will screw the pillar pod onto.
Now I can understand the higher price than what is already on the market. So, it replaces the existing pillar cover. The other vendor only offers Tan and Black though and is an overlay..
I want a single pod in light grey.
I tried painting the other pod, but can't find a correct color to match my interior.
DSCN0287.JPG ; DSCN0292.JPG

So, the real question is how soon before these are available?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Our pods will come painted VERY close to the true interior color.

If you factor in the price of shipping on the other guys pillar pods ours are almost identical without needing to hack your car up. Our free shipping kicks in on orders over $100.00. While there is not much on our site for the Dart we will be adding a dozen or so parts in the next couple of weeks so you guys will be able to take advantage of the free shipping option.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I like

"I can't drown my Demons, for they know how to swim."

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
DISCLAIMER: Installation on side impact air bag equipped cars is not recommended. Inline Carbon will not be responsible in the event of injury, death, damage caused by installing this gauge pod on a car equipped with side impact air bags.

don't we all have side impact airbags? i know i have one in there. i always make sure to run my wires back behind it. (dont want the bag to go and end up sending electronics flying at your face at that rate of speed)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Disclaimers have to be said because there will always be someone out there looking to make a quick buck because no one told them, this is designed for off road use only as is nearly any aftermarket part.

The bracket we are working on for this pod should allow the pillar to release the same way as the factory pillar does in the event the air bag goes off. Having said that we are not about to run testing on it at over a $1000.00 a pop. We would need to run 100+ tests to be able to say that it will work and even then I would still be worried not to have such a disclaimer on a part like this.

There is a strap that allows the air bag to deploy across the window, that strap is attached behind the pillar. in the video the pillar clearly pops off but is held on by a small plastic strap that stops it from flying at the driver.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I imagine when the airbags deploy that the pillar cover is forced out about 4 inches at the top and only about 1 inch about 2/3 of the way down because of the airbag strap.
There is a strap which also connects the cover to the windshield frame, so that it just doesn't fly off.
DSCN0292.JPG ; DSCN0293.JPG

As you can see in the pictures that I took, the black strap in pic #1 connects to the bracket highlighted in pic #2 (yellow arrow).
The airbag strap goes most of the way down the windshield pillar behind the cover.
So the black strap limits the travel that the cover is pushed out when the airbag deploys.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yea. You'll get an "update" then they will say 2 weeks then 2 months later nothing. Nothing but false promises. I had high hopes for in line carbon but they have yet to actually release one product.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hey guys, I talked to Adam this weekend. Him and Tara are moving in to a new house closer to the shop right now.
This is why they have been a little slow answering emails this week. Be patient, I'm sure they will be back hard it soon!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts