Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well @youngsmith53 and I learned something yesterday. The goodridge kits are not a 100% bolt on swap. I don't know if they didn't QA/QC the parts before leaving or if dodge changed something mid manufacturing. As you can see in the picture the Green line points to where the hard line and the brake line meet.
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Vehicle Wheel

On the underside of the body mount (the flat angle iron piece that is welded to the car) there are 3 raised or punched out tabs. These correspond with the 17 mm nut the OEM brake line is. The goodridge brake line is a 19mm size so it sits ontop of those tabs and you can not get it to sit flush with the body mount since the 3 raised tabs are indexed for a 17 mm nut to sit on them.

because the line does not sit flush you cannot get the clip that holds the brake line on to seat properly and fully.

Again i dunno if dodge changed something or if goodridge was not aware of this but just an FYI if you do choose to go this route.

Now if you want to take a dremmel to the underside of the body mount and grid off the 3 tabs the kit should work just fine. Just remember to clean the area good and paint it as brake fluid (that will get on the paint there during assembly is bad for painted areas.

Im going to try to send them an email and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So if you reach out to contact them they will make it right:
[email protected]

This is the e-mail response back:

"I apologize as this was a clerical error on our end. It has been corrected and we would like to send you a new kit. Please give me your address and I'll have one built. Sorry for the inconvenience."

So if you purchase a kit and the bolt is the wrong size, reach out to the company and they will make it right. It looks like they will be sending @youngsmith53 a brand new kit with the correct fittings no charge.

Edit:
tagging @viperman96 because he expressed interest in these.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
for those that are interested in knowing... UPS just delivered the "updated" Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines. Once I get home I'll measure and take pics to see if it is indeed a 17mm connector that they put on to represent the stock OEM brake lines and ones that will fit accordingly.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
as promised, I was able to look at the new set Goodridge SS Brake Lines delivered to me yesterday (at no additional cost). They are indeed 17mm and not the 19mm that were originally sent...

Finger Hand Auto part Tire Automotive wheel system

I will post more pics in my build thread (link in signature)...

·
Registered
27 Posts
as promised, I was able to look at the new set Goodridge SS Brake Lines delivered to me yesterday (at no additional cost). They are indeed 17mm and not the 19mm that were originally sent...

View attachment 54095

Sorry for coming back to this so long after the post date, but I'm looking into these exact lines for my 2016, all I can find on multiple websites are lines that claim to only be for the 2013 Darts. Will these still work with the other model years or will I need to try elsewhere?

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
Sorry for coming back to this so long after the post date, but I'm looking into these exact lines for my 2016, all I can find on multiple websites are lines that claim to only be for the 2013 Darts. Will these still work with the other model years or will I need to try elsewhere?
great question, @Bullfrog has a 2014 and they work perfectly fine on his application as well. I'm confident you will have little issues on the MY 15's or MY 16's.

·
Banned
8,525 Posts
Not to hijack this thread - seriously - but I'm not a do it yourselfer by any means. IN regards to Brakes and such, I'm confused (based on google and manufacturer searches of Brembo, etc) as to how exactly you can upgrade to an attractive Brembo type heavy duty and painted type of brake kit for a car like my 14 Avenger SE which does not ever come up listed under "which vehicle do you have" lists.
Like the once made Dart "Big Brake Kit" for example. I don't want to go with a cheap facsimile . I'm talking having it done at my dealer with something like the Magneti Morelli or at least Mopar authorized.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
Not to hijack this thread - seriously - but I'm not a do it yourselfer by any means. IN regards to Brakes and such, I'm confused (based on google and manufacturer searches of Brembo, etc) as to how exactly you can upgrade to an attractive Brembo type heavy duty and painted type of brake kit for a car like my 14 Avenger SE which does not ever come up listed under "which vehicle do you have" lists.
Like the once made Dart "Big Brake Kit" for example. I don't want to go with a cheap facsimile . I'm talking having it done at my dealer with something like the Magneti Morelli or at least Mopar authorized.
I'll do some research for you and see what I can find out... :)

·
Registered
4,963 Posts

View attachment 54095

So the new ones work fine?. I might replace these when I do my coilovers.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
So the new ones work fine?. I might replace these when I do my coilovers.
Correct. I've been running them since last spring and no issues what so ever. I believe they also updated their stock to reflect the 17mm after @Bullfrog and I made them aware.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.