Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2015, Dodge Dart SXT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a question and figured I’d get some advice on this forum. My car has been having trouble starting off and on. Sometimes it starts other times it doesn’t. Problem has been going on since the 2nd of July of this year. It’s now August. Initially when it happened, I turned the key and all my lights turned on but the engine did not. I noticed the negative terminal had corrosion on the battery. The lights that came on my dash were for the engine and battery lights. Eventually got it to start went up to autozone they checked the battery said I needed a new one got a new one installed went home and cleaned the negative terminal corrosion off, sanded it down, and sprayed brake cleaner and reconnected everything. Happened again about a week later, figured I just threw almost $200 in the drain on a new battery when clearly it didn’t fix the issue. This time instead of the car being able to start after waiting a couple minutes, it didn’t turn over the entire day. The next day I had it towed to Mr Tire (my regular maintenance shop). When tow guy came we started the car right up, he took it to the shop, and every time he tried to start it while at the shop it turned over perfectly. He said he couldn’t do many tests unless the car wasn’t starting in the moment, so I brought the car home. About a week after that it started happening again. My mechanic thinks it could be the starter and he ruled out it being the alternator. But he also mentioned it could be a million other minor fixes, and I don’t want to throw away $400-$500 on a new starter if it’s not the issue. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts