Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dodge dart 2013 sxt and the other day I flashed my headlights at someone and my wipers turned on and wouldn't shut off which is a problem that's apparantly pretty common. I took it to the mechanic and he said I need a new part which they don't have in stock at any dealerships or warehouses. He says he's going to keep looking all weekend but in the meantime I just want a way to temporarily cut power to them when it's not raining. Pulling the fuse for them would be the best option but I can't find where the fuse is anywhere on the internet. Could anyone help me out please? These wipers are driving me nuts lol

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
There is no fuse for the wiper. Have whoever is working on your Dart, disconnect the connector at the wiper motor. It is under the cowl.
wiper-washerschematic.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
You probably broke the multi-function lever by pulling on it too hard. Same thing happened to me a few months ago and my dealer wanted 800 dollars for a new one.

I ended up going to a salvage yard and got myself a used one for 125 bucks and it still works to to this day.

Pd: There is no wiper fuse.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had the same thing happen over the summer. The multi-switch in the column went bad and I had to order another online. It was pretty easy to replace so if you want to save yourself the labor charges you can find a good video on youtube that shows exactly how to replace it. In the meantime you could always remove the wiper arms, That's what I ended up doing while waiting for the switch to come in the mail.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a dodge dart 2013 sxt and the other day I flashed my headlights at someone and my wipers turned on and wouldn't shut off which is a problem that's apparantly pretty common. I took it to the mechanic and he said I need a new part which they don't have in stock at any dealerships or warehouses. He says he's going to keep looking all weekend but in the meantime I just want a way to temporarily cut power to them when it's not raining. Pulling the fuse for them would be the best option but I can't find where the fuse is anywhere on the internet. Could anyone help me out please? These wipers are driving me nuts lol
I had a similar problem with my 2013 Dodge Dart. I was driving down the interstate and used my directional signal to change lanes and my windshield wipers turned on automatically and would not turn off. I took my car to a Dodge Dealership for repair/help. It was the power steering module and cost me $767.97 to repair. This is crazy! I have owned lots of cars and have never had a problem like this before. I feel this issue should deserve a recall. I had to wait about a week for my vehicle to be repaired because of a lack of parts (perhaps there are lots of them needed???). I ended up finding the part myself at a Dodge dealership in Towson MD and had my local dealership contact them and arrange for the part to be sent to my dealership. I should have at least gotten a finders fee. DODGE DO THE RIGHT THING AND RECALL DODGE DARTS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts