Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the worst experience in the world, but a little bit frustrated.
So, I test drove a 2014 se, then a 2013 se and settled on the 2013 because it was $4000 cheaper.

The first thing is the 2014 had floor mats in it, while the 2013 did not. I mentioned this and they wouldn't do anything for me (I realize not all se come with floor mats, but c'mon... it's cheap floor mats).
The sales guy I was dealing with ended up getting me to meet him at his house and giving me some of his extra personal ones. He was super helpful, so definitely wasn't his fault.

The second thing is the spec sheet showed the car was supposed to have tinted windows. I brought this up to them before I signed, but didn't get them to commit to anything (my mistake, I was in a hurry to leave the city and go visit my girlfriend) before I finalized everything.
So I've been fighting with them for the past month that it was supposed to have tinted windows, and they refuse to do anything because "it must have been a typo" and "it's clear to see that it doesn't have tint" (right? that's why I brought it up).

Lastly (and I'm sure this is the same anywhere) they use some pretty high-pressure sales tactics to get you to go for their extra warranty, etc etc etc.
I did get their paint and underbody protection package, but I talked them down to half of the regular price on that (and I was going to do panels or truck-bed liner on the underbody anyways, which is essentially what they did).

I also had managed to get the sales guy to agree to get a free oil change, filter replacement, and inspection before I took the car. Turns out that was another $150-$200 that I didn't have to pay for.
I'm guessing that's why they don't want to do anything extra for me, since they probably feel like I've screwed them on this deal. lol

So again, not the worst experience in the world, but can definitely be taken as a warning to make sure you get EVERYTHING down to the smallest detail nailed down before you sign anything.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Almost 8 years later, I sold my same dart back to this same dealership. I wish I had come back and read my own post because it was almost the same experience. Just in reverse, and worse.

Sales guy was rude to me, and I had to wait a week for the cheque. I was working so my wife offered to go pick up the cheque when it was ready; he was so arrogant to her that he made her cry. Refused to give us a copy of any paperwork or anything.
I wish I had just gone to the other dodge dealer on circle drive. At least they are polite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts