Dodge Dart Forum banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Yes, the install of the FMIC should only take an hour at most. The most difficult thing will be getting the clips off the factory pipes, but we have pictures and detailed installation directions for the install.

We will be starting production of the FMIC's next week, shipping the first few out end of next week shouldn't be a problem. The pipes for OEM fitment required some additional tooling and that took a little longer to get than we expected (due to the holidays). We are now on target for shipping the first few end of next week.

Thanks,

John

Reactions: ryan1singer

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
We have the core, end tanks are getting fabbed, just waiting on the CNC shop to get the OEM fitting tubes done. End of the week we should be welding tubes to the end tanks then welding end tanks to the core. I hope to be shipping intercoolers middle to end of next week but I don't have a finish date for the tubes (have to call the CNC shop today and verify a date for end tubes).

I will keep you guys updated.

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
Hey John, do you have any numbers regarding gains with the innercooler? Dyno charts? Also have you been able to clear this up yet?

"The limits inside the PCM are load based, I don't know what all inputs it takes to determine the load scaling. If it uses the IAT to determine load cap... then the upgraded FMIC will not make a huge increase in power. If it doesn't use air temp to calculate load... the FMIC will have huge gains."

Does the PCM use air temp or not to calc the load?

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Hey John, do you have any numbers regarding gains with the innercooler? Dyno charts? Also have you been able to clear this up yet?

"The limits inside the PCM are load based, I don't know what all inputs it takes to determine the load scaling. If it uses the IAT to determine load cap... then the upgraded FMIC will not make a huge increase in power. If it doesn't use air temp to calculate load... the FMIC will have huge gains."

Does the PCM use air temp or not to calc the load?
We don't have any numbers yet due to the lean run of the current car. When we have the tuning solution on the car we will then have the stock FMIC on the car for testing. When we have the max power on it made, we will install our intercooler so we can give actual numbers not just fluff numbers.

We have made huge advancements in the PCM calculations. Load is not a calculation of air temperature, only fueling targets are changed when the air temps go up or down. As we continue to play with the tuning solution we find more and more options that open up to us. The multi-air is going to give us some headaches. We will find what target limits of the multi-air has (RPM, load, boost, timing, knock, ect) and work around those with the tuning solution.

I am working on it and we should have some solid results after the first of the year.

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
Ok thanks...question: will it be ok to install the innercooler with the CAI without the PCM tuning solution? Or will the car be too lean? I don't want to mess with the PCM and I also have no plans of installing exhaust related mods....

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Ok thanks...question: will it be ok to install the innercooler with the CAI without the PCM tuning solution? Or will the car be too lean? I don't want to mess with the PCM and I also have no plans of installing exhaust related mods....
The only thing we have seen lean the car out is a turbo back exhaust. The temperature drop from the higher eff of the FMIC will be calculated into the fueling based on air temp. From what we have seen with dyno testing the FMIC will perform flawless and cause no known issues at this time.

CAI and FMIC will be a perfect compliment to making the car run faster, and safer.

Thanks,

John

Reactions: ryan1singer

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
The only thing we have seen lean the car out is a turbo back exhaust. The temperature drop from the higher eff of the FMIC will be calculated into the fueling based on air temp. From what we have seen with dyno testing the FMIC will perform flawless and cause no known issues at this time.

CAI and FMIC will be a perfect compliment to making the car run faster, and safer.

Thanks,

John
Perfect answer and exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks John! Can't wait to have the FMIC in my hands!

·
Registered
155 Posts
So what if I'm running a boost controller, FMIC, CAI and some hot/cold pipes lol? Starting to get worried I'm overdoing it.

Can't tell you how pleased I am with the CAI's impact on throttle, boost, and pull.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
So what if I'm running a boost controller, FMIC, CAI and some hot/cold pipes lol? Starting to get worried I'm overdoing it.

Can't tell you how pleased I am with the CAI's impact on throttle, boost, and pull.
I wouldn't run a boost controller, let the PCM control boost with these bolt-on's. Worry when you get ready to install a turbo back exhaust system or a downpipe, this is when the car really leans out.

I will have pictures posted before the end of the week showing the FIC install and if we are lucky some results/dyno sheets.

Thanks,

John

61 - 80 of 116 Posts