Dodge Dart Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
I've worked on cars and trucks for almost 50 years. I live in a desert area that can run very hot several days out of the year. The air here is very dry which offers less cooling than more humid air. The population of the Tri Cities is pushing towards a 1/2 million people so we have a lot of stop and go traffic. My 2013 with the 2.0 has never gone over normal temps on the gauge. I think installing another fan or lower rated thermostat is just trying to treat the symptoms, instead of finding the cause for those symptoms.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Neither of my Darts ever get so hot that the needle is above the half. You may have an air pocket. Has anything ever been done to your cooling system? Your pressure cap may have a problem. Maybe your thermostat opens too late?
Sorry I didn’t see this reply before. But no nothing was ever done to the cooling system. Ive had to add some coolant into it about a year ago because the level eventually got low after a few years. So maybe an air pocket... And I do believe the thermostat opens correctly. It only heats up like that after the oil fully heats up. And then it’s sitting at idle for a while. Also the thing I should mention is that the gauge works because it’s getting a signal from a sensor. The same sensor that gives the signal to the pcm. (there is only one sensor hooked up to the cooling system.) So if my gauge is reading 225 degrees the pcm has the same information. However it still holds off on switching on the fan. Until later. So it’s not a sensor issue. And although I couldn’t see the pressure cap having anything to do with that I will consider a new one. It is 7 years old after all. Has anyone had any issues with the releasing air pockets with the vent spout on the radiator? Or is it just mine? I’ve loosened it up in the past after adding a little coolant but nothing ever came out.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.