Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I installed all 3 deyeme motor mounts and my car is vibrating so hard at idle and low rpms in the dash area. I have a 2.0 auto. I have heard they brake in? Is that true? I dont want to drive a vibrating car forever. I bought their polymer filled mounts. May end up selling these and buying stock mounts that will wear out again.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Did you do the engine mount neutralization procedure to center the engine?

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
See the link in my previous post.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so if i get the jest of it. Loosen all the mounts while jacked up. Jiggle the engine back an forth then tight lower mount then the upper mounts?

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Once you have loosened the mount bolts specified, follow steps 13 to 24 in the procedure in the sequence that it is written in the FSM. Use the torques that are correct for the 2.0 engine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@alpinegreenneon
I have loosened all mounts and have the car at an even height on jackstands. I have rocked the engine forward and back then let it rest 5 minutes. I jacked up trans and let it down the rest 5 min. Jacked up oil pan side then rest and i just rocked back forth left and right then let it rest. I just torqued the rear crossmembe bolt then the nut and bolt to the rear bracket. The next step says let it down and torque left and right mounts. I am afraid to take it off the stands as it will most likely shift the engine. Am i ok to torque them down on the stands?

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Just make sure the engine isn't leaning too far back or forward. If your jackstands are solid, should be okay to torque. There are places to place the jackstands that were used at the factory before the body had wheels. I always place a piece of oak flooring between the jackstand and the body. I don't put jackstands on the pinch welds. Those are for lifting. The factory jack points have a hole in the center.

Front

Rear

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. I just started it and ots not shaking my dash apart anymore. I originally had the front on ramps and back on stands so i think itcwas uneven and the engine slid back to far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts