Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Anyone of you fine owners in the Central/Western MA area that might know of a shop that will install the Clutch Action Upgrade / CDV Delete Kit, DMR if provided the kit and instructions from Deyeme? This is my Daily Driver vehicle and want to make sure this gets done properly. My Dart has 26k miles on it and I don't want to run into trouble in my driveway doing this. it is one of those things I would rather defer to a professional.

Thank You.

·
Registered
242 Posts
you wont run into any trouble

bleeding sucks but its easy.... pop the green cap off, hold the release for the hose and have the person in the car then press and hold the clutch down and that alone will pop the hose out..... use the tube and watch for bubbles like any other bleeding action..... the actual replacement is straight forward... should take you 45 minutes with a friend

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you wont run into any trouble

bleeding sucks but its easy.... pop the green cap off, hold the release for the hose and have the person in the car then press and hold the clutch down and that alone will pop the hose out..... use the tube and watch for bubbles like any other bleeding action..... the actual replacement is straight forward... should take you 45 minutes with a friend
Great...now I got to make friends with someone. Already becoming more of a pain...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just placed the order. Fun project to do with my son who can be the "clutch man" when bleeding. I have not yet bothered to put any effort yet into identifying this, but is the brake fluid reservoir used for the clutch fluid as well? Is that why the directions refer to Clutch/Brake reservoir? Thank you for assisting with a uneducated question, but have not had anything to do with working on a manual transmission since the late 90's.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
The clutch hydraulic system consists of a clutch master cylinder (2), slave cylinder (3), and an interconnecting hydraulic line. Clutch hydraulic fluid is supplied by the brake system via the brake master cylinder reservoir (1).

dartclutchhydraulics.jpg

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The clutch hydraulic system consists of a clutch master cylinder (2), slave cylinder (3), and an interconnecting hydraulic line. Clutch hydraulic fluid is supplied by the brake system via the brake master cylinder reservoir (1).

View attachment 103506
Thanks. That is a thorough reply.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just placed the order. Fun project to do with my son who can be the "clutch man" when bleeding. I have not yet bothered to put any effort yet into identifying this, but is the brake fluid reservoir used for the clutch fluid as well? Is that why the directions refer to Clutch/Brake reservoir? Thank you for assisting with a uneducated question, but have not had anything to do with working on a manual transmission since the late 90's.
Definitely a good purchase and I commend you if you are going to do the install. I like working on my car for certain things, but when it comes to installing this CDV delete I'm taking it to the professionals. I wish you success on this endeavor and tons of fun once it is complete.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Received my Deyeme CDV delete yesterday and will be installing on Sunday. Any tips/tricks/advice from the community would be appreciated. I think the items that give me the most pause is the hard to find/remove clip I have read about and then bleeding of the system.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i told you the tip for bleeding... pull and have the person push and hold the clutch down.. it will pop itself out
Yep, that's what I plan on doing. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would the community recommend Dot 3 or Dot 4? I know there was a thread that touched on this (preference and brand preference), but I can't locate it anymore...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
4 Participants
Mass_Paul
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing