Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Best part about this thread is the Op posting 6 times in a row...
Oh, def..... I could hit 100,000 without a prob.... I always think of sumpin' else after I hit reply. Can't help it. Thing is, by this point in ownership, I usually lose interest in the vehicle and start sniffing for the next ride and the next forum I could grace with my presence. (hey... I heard that....) but alas, the Dart has managed to keep me entertained for a longer than normal relationship. You know the drill.... the FIAT based drivetrain.... the GREAT looking rims..... the........ :cool2:

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
He's a purist, nothing wrong with that. Someday 30 years from now you will see his unaltered first year Fiat-influenced Dart going for a bazillion dollars at the Barrett-Jackson auction. :)

(The rest of our Darts will be covered with stick-on side vents and screw-on metal trunk fins by then).

·
Registered
497 Posts
Seen cars just like that in Venezuela (lived there for 12 years). Venezuelans love mods! Especially those stick on "Buick holes", they are on everything...seems to be a prerequisite mod to become a taxi.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ok, someone check my math... It would take 317 individual customiziable items to get 100, 000 total combinations. (317*317 equals 100, 489)
That is only if you limit it to 2 different customizations. If you look on the Dodge accessories website, you will find badges. If they merely offer 5 badges, that is 120 different combinations! When you put those together with the trunk mat, the chrome door sills, the two different colored door handles, you are over 1400 combinations already. If they have 10 different wheels you could order and 3 different spoilers, you are over 50,000. If you count the air freshener options, you are well over 100,000 without even considering the different floormats you could choose...

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Yeah, I call BS on the 100K ways as well, lol.
It's every little thing.

IIRC, the dealer order booklet helped to simplify it for dealers, and with removing something like the engine block heater, you are down to about 50,000 different ways.

It includes every colour combo, engine, transmission, special packages, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Ok, someone check my math... It would take 317 individual customiziable items to get 100, 000 total combinations. (317*317 equals 100, 489)
If you have 17 different options that are simply yes/no and not mutually exclusive, then you can build a total of 131,072 uniquely configured vehicles (2^17). Considering the 2013 Dart comes in 5 trims (6 if you consider Rallye) and up to 12 colors, you probably have over 60 different cars just considering trim and color alone (not all colors are available on all trims). Honestly, 100,000 different ways to configure a Dart does not sound outlandish at all.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts