Dodge Dart Forum banner

1461 - 1477 of 1477 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,461
So, seems it's human nature to want to Derail things. And I am thinking that it is not a good practice. Because we can't handle it. Things of the Mind should be kept there with a lid on it. Now that it spills over into everyday life, it is a problem. Judging by current events, the Aliens which were due on Maple Street (Twilight Zone) apparently have indeed been here for some time. It hurts when it becomes reality and not just a tv show theme to ponder. In the mind. With a lid on it. I guess the old MKultra thing with Peace and Love has petered out . That is unfortunate . Age Of Aquarius flushed down a porcelain bowl and fully disposed of.
Sad.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,462 (Edited)
Talk about Derailing! I thought "Off Topic" disappeared, but it got moved down the scroll a bit lower...... had me skeeeeered there for a minute !
freakout.gif SO...... I was watching Cartoon Network this morning. Love Looney Toones. Which meant that I didn't have regular TV channels on where I would have seen "Breaking News". Which, in turn, means that it was on my cell that I got a text from my former coworker and good friend - regarding the Epstein saga ..... Me Thinks that there is going to be a Hard Rain Gonna Fall on some previously well-umbrella'd individuals.
THIS AIN'T ROCK and ROLL ....... This Is ...... Ummmm..... Weird Chitt.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/nyregion/jeffrey-epstein-suicide.html

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Talk about Derailing! I thought "Off Topic" disappeared, but it got moved down the scroll a bit lower...... had me skeeeeered there for a minute !
View attachment 118076 SO...... I was watching Cartoon Network this morning. Love Looney Toones. Which meant that I didn't have regular TV channels on where I would have seen "Breaking News". Which, in turn, means that it was on my cell that I got a text from my former coworker and good friend - regarding the Epstein saga ..... Me Thinks that there is going to be a Hard Rain Gonna Fall on some previously well-umbrella'd individuals.
THIS AIN'T ROCK and ROLL ....... This Is ...... Ummmm..... Weird Chitt.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/nyregion/jeffrey-epstein-suicide.html

Yep and the MSM is playing their part in all of it, not even questioning the most obvious details. That guy had truckloads of dirt on probably 100+ famous or rich people, on both sides of the aisle. That doesn't even include the politicians, that's the scary part.

Either way, I'm glad the MFer is dead.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I got a good derail from last weekend. Roadkill Nights drag racing on Woodward Avenue, Michigan. Train stops by to say hello while they warm up the top fuel dragsters.
drag.JPG

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Was it at least polite and apologetic about the whole thing, being Canadian and all?
I think the crowd was encouraging him to honk the air horn so it was all good. People were really surprised to see not one, but multiple trains go by that day. We appreciate CN doing business in the USA, they employ a lot of people in Michigan. Here's the video.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Look at us. Stuck in the basement of the .org. Will anybody else even find this forum section now that it's all the way at the bottom?

This new layout sucks. This is why I hate everything online. They could have a perfect setup, and then all of a sudden they change it, just because.

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
Look at us. Stuck in the basement of the .org. Will anybody else even find this forum section now that it's all the way at the bottom?

This new layout sucks. This is why I hate everything online. They could have a perfect setup, and then all of a sudden they change it, just because.
There are only 3 of us who even use this section and we've all managed to find it. This forum has been a tumbleweed farm for years. It's always a bad sign for a car forum when about half the new posts are in the off-topic section. As for the rest of the traffic, it's mostly alpinegreenneon providing assistance on various problems with the Dart. He's pretty much the only member left offering real technical help, which wasn't always the case. The percentage of posts related to build threads (which used to be the bulk of traffic) is effectively 0.0%. I've reported the occasional blatant violation of the rules and in the rare event that it gets addressed at all, it takes a week or more. There is no sense that there is a "Dart community" here anymore. And do we even have supporting vendors anymore? Who knows, they certainly don't interact with us anymore.

In conclusion, we should probably be grateful that Vertical Scope didn't look at this forum, laugh, and hit the delete button.

Anyway, here's a random picture of my cats doing typical cat things.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Here are my random pictures from my adventure in Northern Michigan last Sunday. I've got nothing to complain about the Dart, it just hit 60k miles and still running like a champ. I've got about 3 years left on my loan so I will just hold on to it for as long as I can and see what happens. As much as I need/want a truck, I'll delegate that duty to my wife's next vehicle after her Dodge Journey lease is up. I just can't give up the awesome handling of the Dart. I am guessing one year from today, this forum will be a total ghost-town.
0825191311b_HDR.jpg
0825191324a_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Here are my random pictures from my adventure in Northern Michigan last Sunday. I've got nothing to complain about the Dart, it just hit 60k miles and still running like a champ. I've got about 3 years left on my loan so I will just hold on to it for as long as I can and see what happens. As much as I need/want a truck, I'll delegate that duty to my wife's next vehicle after her Dodge Journey lease is up. I just can't give up the awesome handling of the Dart. I am guessing one year from today, this forum will be a total ghost-town.
View attachment 124521
View attachment 124522
Looks like a great time. That must have been a bit of a bumpy ride.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Looks like a great time. That must have been a bit of a bumpy ride.

That is from my new property, the Dart is parked on the driveway entrance. It's the softest green moss I've ever felt, you just want to take a nap on it. I cleared that driveway entrance after 10 years of growth, still have about 25 more feet of trimming before I can drive all the way to the camping spot.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
A few weekends ago I found an underground beehive on my property, which could have been bad news if you accidentally stepped on it. For the time being I threw a big rock over the opening to it, which was only a few inches in diameter.

Well I went back yesterday and found out that the black bear dug it out and ate all the honeycombs. Thanks Mr. Bear for helping me out! The circle of life.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
A few weekends ago I found an underground beehive on my property, which could have been bad news if you accidentally stepped on it. For the time being I threw a big rock over the opening to it, which was only a few inches in diameter.

Well I went back yesterday and found out that the black bear dug it out and ate all the honeycombs. Thanks Mr. Bear for helping me out! The circle of life.
Nature has a way of balancing things out. May not be in our best interests. Don't know why, but I find items like that fascinating when I see it in real life.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Still no color change in the leaves here in Michigan. It's coming soon though. Did a bit more backroad driving, these roads go on forever. Yes, I had to powerwash the rims again afterwards to remove all the sand/dirt.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Well, the color change is here! I was visiting last Saturday to supervise some tree cutting on my property. I paid to have 1 acre clear-cut, and about 1/2 mile of trail trimmed. The brand new Caterpillar 299DE Skid Steer with drum mulcher attachment made short work of the 1 acre. Near the end of the day, the skid steer did what this thread is all about....it derailed a track. Luckily it was still 90% on, so it popped right back into place. I'm pretty excited, I've got about 4 new deer hunting spots now.

1461 - 1477 of 1477 Posts