Dodge Dart Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 1475 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,441
This is the driveway entrance. It hasn't been trimmed in about 10 years.
View attachment 117216

The driveway goes in about 300 ft to a nice level clearing. This is where we will put the cabin, just need to clear a few of the new trees that have started growing. Just behind it there is a nice valley.
View attachment 117218

This picture looks down the valley. Cell phone cameras don't do a good job of showing the actual slope, but you get the idea.
View attachment 117220
Looks like the earth we were intended for. Noice.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Looks like the earth we were intended for. Noice.
This particular area is very remote and off the beaten path. From the nearest paved road, you take a gravel road for 6 miles. Then you take what they call a "seasonal road" which is pure sand/dirt for another 1/2 mile. I cannot hear a single vehicle driving in the background while on the property. That is what you call peace and quiet.

I'm trying to hire a survey crew to mark the actual boundaries. However, all the estimates I have received so far are way too expensive, over $1,000. I might just make my own survey *wink wink*, to establish my boundaries. An extra acre here or there but who's counting.

We should be signing the closing documents at the end of this month. Then I will rent a mini-excavator for the weekend and clear out some trees, level the cabin site, and build a brand new trail to the back of the property. They just got another 4 inches of snow yesterday, so we have some time before it's ready to build.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,445
Next time someone says that something is "so", best check out other sources. Or test the statement yourself. Example: In economics, there is the trickle down theory - which was proved false back in the 1980's. But we still believe in silly faith in human kind that such a theory has merit ! Ha!
But in this example, we have the proved overblown & obviously pipe dream feel good theory that crickets sound like angelic choruses when slowed down. And even if they did, why would that make me feel good/better?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Next time someone says that something is "so", best check out other sources. Or test the statement yourself.
Absolutely! I found out that the people saying "We're gonna die from man-made Climate change!" are lying through their teeth. It really pissed me off when I found out NASA was in on the whole scam.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,447
Getting close..... time is running out, after all.....
We need to be proactive this time. An "adjustment" to the base survival instinct genes should take care of some of the chaos we've experienced.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,448 (Edited)
Derailers Anonymous meeting hall is still open. Help IS available !
Password for entrance : Dodge
entrance.jpg
Day later update : If I said that there will be free advisers from Deutsche Bank at the next meeting (for financial planning, etc) would that make a difference?
Another day or so later update: I hope everyone realizes that the world is derailing itself at a higher rate than average since the beginning of 2019. Again, Help IS available!

·
Registered
306 Posts
How about some Semi-Truck drag racing while pulling fully loaded trailers? Incredible power.

Wow! I didnt know this was a thing and its badass!!

Imagine throwing one of those motors in a dart - the motor doesn't turn over the car does!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Wow! I didnt know this was a thing and its badass!!

Imagine throwing one of those motors in a dart - the motor doesn't turn over the car does!
It's amazing what shows up in my Youtube feed sometimes. I didn't even realize this filmed in my home state of Michigan.

Here are semi trucks doing burnouts at the same event venue.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,452
Talk about Derailing ... man oh man ... there isn't even anything worthy of derailing on the Forum anymore. Too many years have passed I suppose. Time really does change everything.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Summer Begins.....on paper. In reality, not so much.

Going to visit the new property tomorrow since it's the only non-rainy day we have had in weeks. Everything is super overgrown so I'll be bringing an arsenal of equipment with me. On a related note, I need to start a goat rental service. Goats will eat almost any type of vegetation, including poison ivy. I tried to find a place in Michigan that rents them but to no avail.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,455 (Edited)

Going to visit the new property tomorrow since it's the only non-rainy day we have had in weeks. Everything is super overgrown so I'll be bringing an arsenal of equipment with me. On a related note, I need to start a goat rental service. Goats will eat almost any type of vegetation, including poison ivy. I tried to find a place in Michigan that rents them but to no avail.
To think, that I am overwhelmed by three medium to large hedges and three trees that are way overgrown. Waiting also for a dry day. Which appears to be today. Ugh...... this is going to cut in to my cruising time !
Vegetation. It just keeps growing with all the rain. Then when the dry spell comes, I'd rather Vegetate ! (behind the wheel counts as Vegging)
Yes to the Goats !
goat.jpg

·
Registered
306 Posts

To think, that I am overwhelmed by three medium to large hedges and three trees that are way overgrown. Waiting also for a dry day. Which appears to be today. Ugh...... this is going to cut in to my cruising time !
Vegetation. It just keeps growing with all the rain. Then when the dry spell comes, I'd rather Vegetate ! (behind the wheel counts as Vegging)
Yes to the Goats !
View attachment 117832
Where have you been???

Somehow I missed the post two days ago but you normally have some pretty interesting things to say. I don't respond to all of your posts (sorry) but do read the majority.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
What a great weekend to start summer! I discovered that a black bear lives on my property. Saw fresh signs of him on Saturday, including his sleeping spot. I've still never seen one in my 30+ years of going up there, so I am not too worried.

After some research online, I figured out what species of tree is all over the property. It turns out it is black cherry. They spread like wildfire because the birds eat them and spread them when they poop. I've got so much work to do in regards to clearing trees. It's going to take me the rest of the year. But I finally found the northern boundary posts which was my goal for this past weekend trip. Now I have 3 out of the 4 corner boundaries marked! Whoohoo.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,459
When we have really bad weather, I would like t know where everybody you see on the news at airports is going and why. We're in the age of technology which makes communication more immediate than ever before, yet we need to get our bodies from one long distance place to another like never before. Are we really becoming that much like intelligent ants ?

1441 - 1460 of 1475 Posts
About this Discussion
1.5K Replies
45 Participants
Mass_Paul
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing