Dodge Dart Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1487 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,421
How cute, a hill with a fancy house on top being held up by little unmortared retaining walls. What could possibly go wrong? Oh, right, it could rain.
This area is protected by a shield zone, enabled by extraterrestrial friends of the owner. They are an offshoot of the teams that protect Earth from extinction level asteroids/comets.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,422
Contraptions . There really is no "better" mousetrap.
The Boeing aircraft grounded what is obviously an engineering problem with Dumb ass cloud based computer technology . A better mousetrap design to make planes even more self-flying.
The test mule C8 Corvettes having problems with their electronics in a similar Dumb ass way. Cloud based "got ya covered" crap computers that can be upgraded on the fly. Good thing that humans only get to live a short number of years. Otherwise we'd go nuts trying to accept the fatal flaw of our kind. Simple carbon based brains that are easily satisfied with basic chemical release processes , yet insistent on building more and more idiotic contraptions.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Contraptions . There really is no "better" mousetrap.
The Boeing aircraft grounded what is obviously an engineering problem with Dumb ass cloud based computer technology . A better mousetrap design to make planes even more self-flying.
The test mule C8 Corvettes having problems with their electronics in a similar Dumb ass way. Cloud based "got ya covered" crap computers that can be upgraded on the fly. Good thing that humans only get to live a short number of years. Otherwise we'd go nuts trying to accept the fatal flaw of our kind. Simple carbon based brains that are easily satisfied with basic chemical release processes , yet insistent on building more and more idiotic contraptions.
While I wouldn't call anything in an aircraft "cloud-based" (because it's mostly the opposite, with the software being heavily isolated for safety reasons), for my USD $120 million I would expect an aircraft that doesn't correct a pitch-up tendency by flying itself into the ground at high speed.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,424
In other news, my personal interest has always been just a wee bit of "forward" and then "reverse" , in order to get the right lottery numbers. Just once would be fine.
At least they're working on the reverse part. Then again, if I don't have the exclusive bits, everybody else will do the same thing. Then, they'll have to implement a different method of exchange and control , replacing old fashion money. Crap.
https://www.newsweek.com/time-reversed-quantum-computer-1361215

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,426
I think for me it was the realization that Eric Clapton was in the audience shortly before the demise of both Hendrix and Vaughan.
It was for you "what?"
An entire weekend of forum work , and I get a total of one response (of sorts) from a Newb on Derailers Anonymous that actually was somewhat derailing , to me anyway...... it is getting rough...... :shocked:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
No traffic Sunday, what in the world is going on? Even the police were on vacation it seemed. I managed to drive home going 90mph+ the entire way and had quite a few other vehicles do the same. I saw one state cop and he was too lazy to pull people over, so he just parked in the median and flashed his lights for a few seconds when speeders drove by.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,428 (Edited)
Figured that it didn't matter where I posted this, since peeps seem to be out fishin' or sumpin' (it's not fishing season yet, is it?) , But, I saw this comic take on the famous Scotty Kilmer car advice videos.....
At first, I was drawn in by "click bait" that Scotty passed away - which turned out to be untrue - but the computer wizardry of our new era brought me to this :
Pretty funny. But, what exactly going on with the enormous amount of click bait these days? It's like, whatever your personal interests online happen to be, there seems to be a click bait waiting for EVERYTHING ! And after reading/seeing, it's either BS or an advertisement for some current product. Amazing.....
Case in point about click bait..... recently Led Zeppelin published an official book of rare photographs that tell their story from over the many years. Fair enough. I'll buy it ten years from now when it's in the closeout table at Barnes and Noble. If B&N still exist. If not, I'll get a used copy on Ebay for $2.00 plus cost of US shipping. But like everyday - literally every day recently, there is a new online "article" on Google News (on my phone, etc) about a current music band or artist who "Reveals Giant Led Zep Rumor" ---- only to find that it's a story about some artist who supposedly got a free copy of the book sent to them as a gift. Big Woop. Like I need to know what Dave Grohl really thinks about Zeppelin. Seriously . He was BORN in 1969 when the first Zep album was released, and I was trippin' on Dazed And Confused , wondering when I can ask my mom for money to go see these bad boys live. Which, I did go in 1970. When Dave Grohl was ONE yr old. And I'm supposed to care what a lucky drummer from Nirvana who rode the coattails of Kurt's genius thinks about Zep. I mean, I'm the one who deserves a free copy of the book, and I should be asked what Zep was about and such. Then, it's a guy from Pearl Jam. Who cares? It's just wrong. Especially the click bait. It's a creepy way to sell books. Plus, as far as the book itself goes, it's a friggin' picture book. Pictures are fine, but give us the sordid details of the underbelly of these artistic giants! We've already seen similar versions of what the members looked like before they became senior senior citizens. Let's not sugar coat everything. What about the Underworld of the music industry from say 1950 to 1980 ? Tell us all the sordid details . And more.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,429
Probably , this would best fit in the "Music" section. But since it's more of a "Cultural" phenom , I choose Derailers. Not because it has anything to do with the title of an old Cream Album name from the 60's, but rather:
"Wassup having an unnecessary Woodstock 50th anniversary concert?"
I'll reserve my usual lengthy commentary . Cuzz I realize that almost no one here reads my stuff anymore. But if I am read by even One person, and allowed for the ponderance (I did spell check that btw) of such a weighty subject by even that One person, then I am satisfied knowing that I may have contributed, in some small way, to the bettering of Society as a whole. Because all of our individual thoughts are as important as our individual voices.
Suffice it to say, even though I am a Nostalgia Fan of the first order, especially in the area of music - I do not feel that a modernly controlled music event of any kind in 2019 & beyond is of any "respect" to the realities of the 1960's. Unless of course there is going to be political & sociological speakers on hand to remind us of how nothing has changed in 50 years. Almost went lengthy there.... ooops.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Figured that it didn't matter where I posted this, since peeps seem to be out fishin' or sumpin' (it's not fishing season yet, is it?) , But, I saw this comic take on the famous Scotty Kilmer car advice videos.....
At first, I was drawn in by "click bait" that Scotty passed away - which turned out to be untrue - but the computer wizardry of our new era brought me to this :
Pretty funny. But, what exactly going on with the enormous amount of click bait these days? It's like, whatever your personal interests online happen to be, there seems to be a click bait waiting for EVERYTHING ! And after reading/seeing, it's either BS or an advertisement for some current product. Amazing.....
Case in point about click bait..... recently Led Zeppelin published an official book of rare photographs that tell their story from over the many years. Fair enough. I'll buy it ten years from now when it's in the closeout table at Barnes and Noble. If B&N still exist. If not, I'll get a used copy on Ebay for $2.00 plus cost of US shipping. But like everyday - literally every day recently, there is a new online "article" on Google News (on my phone, etc) about a current music band or artist who "Reveals Giant Led Zep Rumor" ---- only to find that it's a story about some artist who supposedly got a free copy of the book sent to them as a gift. Big Woop. Like I need to know what Dave Grohl really thinks about Zeppelin. Seriously . He was BORN in 1969 when the first Zep album was released, and I was trippin' on Dazed And Confused , wondering when I can ask my mom for money to go see these bad boys live. Which, I did go in 1970. When Dave Grohl was ONE yr old. And I'm supposed to care what a lucky drummer from Nirvana who rode the coattails of Kurt's genius thinks about Zep. I mean, I'm the one who deserves a free copy of the book, and I should be asked what Zep was about and such. Then, it's a guy from Pearl Jam. Who cares? It's just wrong. Especially the click bait. It's a creepy way to sell books. Plus, as far as the book itself goes, it's a friggin' picture book. Pictures are fine, but give us the sordid details of the underbelly of these artistic giants! We've already seen similar versions of what the members looked like before they became senior senior citizens. Let's not sugar coat everything. What about the Underworld of the music industry from say 1950 to 1980 ? Tell us all the sordid details . And more.
"Words are the new weapons, satellites the new artillery. Caesar had his legions, Napoleon had his armies...I have my divisions. TV, news, magazines.

And by midnight I'll have reached and influenced more people...than anyone in the history of this planet, save God Himself. And the best he ever managed was the Sermon on the Mount."

-Evil Villain : Tomorrow Never Dies 1997

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,431
"Words are the new weapons, satellites the new artillery. Caesar had his legions, Napoleon had his armies...I have my divisions. TV, news, magazines.

And by midnight I'll have reached and influenced more people...than anyone in the history of this planet, save God Himself. And the best he ever managed was the Sermon on the Mount."

-Evil Villain : Tomorrow Never Dies 1997
Word.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
We got approved for a loan for the land we want. I think we will make a lowball offer of 15k first and see what happens. We will have enough money leftover to buy our mini-cabin! However, hooking it up to electric will have to wait until next year.

This whole process is giving me anxiety though. Can't wait for it to be over with.

·
Registered
328 Posts
What a sad and low level of activity on this and the forum and general. Sheeshe.
Yea...but I as well as im sure a few others have read your posts!

Hey, since we're off topic here: has anyone built their own arcade cabinet?

I've been scouring the retropie forums for a while now looking at other people's projects and it seems like it would be fun.
I have a standalone pi with retropie inside a tiny nes case in my living room and an x86 (desktop build) in the room but really wouldn't mind turning one of these into a real, standup, this machine means Pacman project. One day...

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,437
One might be inclined to ask here, regarding me, as to what could temper my visitations to the Forum and continue with such Off Topic (and occasionally car related topic) postings. I've wondered myself actually, at times.
This past week I discovered a solid answer to that question. The passing of my 92 year old mother, after a year long battle with Alzheimers. A tough road to hoe.
So, today I will say goodbye to Mom. Dad passed nine years ago. But she had plenty of companionship since that time because I lived next door to her for many years along with my wife and my older brother lived with her after Dad died.
I feel maybe a little silly sharing this with a car forum, but I've always wore my heart on my sleeve in real life - so I see no reason not to be me in forum talk. And I know there are a few folks here that I've come to "know" that toss around some life stuff besides that of cars.
So.... I'm set back a few pegs. A bit Derailing , for sure.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
What a sad and low level of activity on this and the forum and general. Sheeshe.
I just got home from Little Rock, AR. Damn near 90 degrees. 75 degrees in Louisville, KY. Then I get home and its a steamy 45 in Michigan. We still have a foot of snow in Northern Michigan!

I went to walk that 10 acres April 6th and put in an offer at the realtor. It was a lowball offer and believe it or not, the sellers accepted it! I am now the official owner of 10 beautiful acres in Northern Michigan. We also have enough money left over from the bank loan, that we can buy the mini cabin! I haven't felt this happy in a long time.

I got the good news just as we pulled into our hotel in West Memphis, TN. The most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed at, The Big Cyprus Lodge located inside a giant pyramid and a Bass Pro Shop store.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
This is the driveway entrance. It hasn't been trimmed in about 10 years.
0406191101_HDR.jpg

The driveway goes in about 300 ft to a nice level clearing. This is where we will put the cabin, just need to clear a few of the new trees that have started growing. Just behind it there is a nice valley.
0406191029_HDR.jpg

This picture looks down the valley. Cell phone cameras don't do a good job of showing the actual slope, but you get the idea.
0406191053_HDR.jpg

1421 - 1440 of 1487 Posts