Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchase a 2013 Dart Rallye 1.4l ddct
I'm aware of the normal ddct noises, the clutch actuator pump, the car going into gear from park, etc. The noise that has me concerned is what sounds like gear whine. I know the reverse gear whines and is normal, and its pretty loud, but there's also a ton of whining in gears 1,2,and 3. This whine only starts happening if I've been coasting for a few seconds and i let the speed drop. Once it starts whining i have to increase the cars speed a good bit to make the whining stop. I'm trying to figure out if this is normal, if anyone has any experience with this. I know gear whine can be a sign of low trans fluid, but there's no leaks that i can find, and its a sealed transmission so there's that whole thing. Hopefully someone can share some insight. thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
The DDCT is NOT a sealed transmission. You can check fluid level and add if necessary.
Number 1 in the pic is a rubber plug that is easily removed. Transmission fluid should be at about the level of the plug. Add if necessary by using a fluid transfer pump like what one would use on an outboard motor. Number 2 on the pic is the drain plug if you want to replace the fluid. Be careful to use the correct fluid.
C SERIES MANUAL & DUAL DRY CLUTCH
TRANSMISSION FLUID:
Quart
Part No. 68092630AA

Gallon
Part No. 68092636AA

Do not confuse with a similar name fluid that is for the hydraulic fluid reservoir on the top of the transmission. The two fluids are very different.
C SERIES DDCT SAE 75W HYDRAULIC FLUID:
Part No. 68092638AA

Product Azure Rectangle Font Parallel

Font Bicycle part Circle Auto part Pattern

1 - 2 of 2 Posts