Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been trying out the manual side of things with the ddct......I currently have the go pedal...and on auto mode with the settings I have it auto shifts at 4k.....when I drive in manual mode...should i shift at 4k or can I shift sooner?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Mine is autoshifting lower than that. probably around 3 in the lowest gears to 2-2.5K for the higher gears. Maybe my car has "learned" that I am a gas miser.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
@kre8music are you aiming for MPG or performance? For MPG keep the RPMs low (2500-3k for the first two gears and 2k-2.5k for the rest) for better acceleration, just feel your car, but personally I've noticed the most power seems to be between 4500-5000 RPMs.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@kre8music are you aiming for MPG or performance? For MPG keep the RPMs low (2500-3k for the first two gears and 2k-2.5k for the rest) for better acceleration, just feel your car, but personally I've noticed the most power seems to be between 4500-5000 RPMs.
I think right now...I'm trying to just get the hang of things...but thanks for the tip.......eventually I'll be looking for performance...l

1 - 4 of 4 Posts