Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey new to this form. Just bought my 2013 limited 1.4 turbo with premium package. Have had it less than 2 months and this is a horrible grinding noise coming from the engine bay. Took it to a mechanic He could hear me coming down his drive. it’s annoyingly loud sounds terrible. I have no warranty and he said it was the trans and I would need a new ddct. Now he says it’s something In the trans. And will have to drop it and then me get it reprogrammed. Cannot find this anywhere else. Helpppppp shifts gears fine never had a problem. Was driving home started hearing a grinding noise. Service trans came on the morning I took it over. but can still drive and shift gears fine. Battery died 1 day of not cranking.

·
Super Moderator
4,607 Posts
The DDCT can be a can of worms. Dealers don't want to try to repair them, just replace them even though the service manual details what to do. When it is replaced, make sure they know to set the flywheel fingers.
Couple of links:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went and picked it up from one shop telling me I needed a new ddct and it would be $3000!! They are half that price and that is without labor. After sitting for month it cranked fine took it to another mechanic drive fine just terrible noise. Tried slap and automatic didn’t notice any slipping. Can’t wait for the diognosis.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a weird grinding in my 2013 rallye that I can hear and feel when the car is cool or hasn’t been driven for the day yet. It seems to go away the more I drive. Sounds like a wobbling plate of some kind. Debating motor mount based on other post since it happens in park and idle of 1500-2000 rpms. Shifting is fine. I hope I can figure it out. And you too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts