Dodge Dart Forum banner

41 - 60 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
You've been super busy. Looks great man.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
I really dig what some of you guys have done with the interiors, especially @viperman96! That being said, I can't find a way to change the display color in the LCD - everything on the interior matches in red/black - which I like! I realize red and orange looks bad, but inside the vehicle, I cannot see any orange. The red interior is pleasing to the eyes, and red is a more calming color than the orange, so I went with it. I added (no big shocker here) red footwell lighting under the dash on both sides, and added them inside the dash, peeking through the vents - I generally keep it on the "breathing" effect. There is also red led's under the front seats, shining into the back seat.

I bought some red gap trim and used it in a few places. It came with adhesive, but I supplemented this with the epoxy on the ends and corners. I don't know why, but I added the turbo sign to the glove box. I even bought a short, red usb cable to charge the phone.

This is how it looked off the lot:

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
On a clear, sunny day, I popped out the RaceTrack tail lights. Things were about to happen!

I taped off the reverse lights and the center black strip.

I used VHT nightshades and did a few coats. Then I clear-coated and then wet sanded it. I had never done this before, so i had to adjust things as I went. It wasn't perfect at first, so I fixed it. Took a while, but I learned all about wet sanding.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
This is where I'm at:

I've been wanting new wheels, but good, lightweight ones are expensive. I thought I wanted these, so I photoshopped them on there. I tried a bunch out to see what actually looked best.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Plasti Dipped the crap out of my door handles. I used a brush and painted between the handle opening area, then sprayed the rest.

I should have taped it differently, but we live and learn. What do I know, I'm just a music producer!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
I had some Plasti Dip leftover, and I had been photoshopping the front grill/fascia black - I thought it would look ok, and boy did it ever! It turned out fabulous!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
That same day, my new plates arrived in the mail! Sweet! Even more ridiculousness! I also bought and installed the EZ Lip kit. Used 3 piece, and the remainder for small, tapered rear fascia fins. I later Plasti Dipped them black, and used Plasti Dip clear coat, just like I did on the front grill.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There are three wires: one for the +12v white, one for +12v yellow, and a ground. Connect the white +12v line directly to the battery (fused) or find a switchable fuse and use one of those "add a fuse" parts from Amazon. The yellow power and ground were connected to the turn signal circuit. When power is sent to the turn signals, it switches to yellow, and flashes in sync with the turn signal. Be sure to leave enough slack in the cable after the splice so you will be able to change bulbs later, when they burn out.
Sweet, that's exactly what I have been wanting to do and will dress up the front tons. Best thing is that it seems simple enough. Just have to find the turn signal circuit lol ... So, I guess I'm not understanding the power side. Does there need to be a separate switch installed for power on and off or will this power on with the DRL?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The tail lights weren't quite perfect at first. I did a bit too much wet sanding - There were small white areas between the VHT and the original black. In the pics, they looked OK, but up close, they weren't so special. I added another very thin layer of VHT, and then a shit ton of clear coat. Now it's rockin'!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Sweet, that's exactly what I have been wanting to do and will dress up the front tons. Best thing is that it seems simple enough. Just have to find the turn signal circuit lol ... So, I guess I'm not understanding the power side. Does there need to be a separate switch installed for power on and off or will this power on with the DRL?
You can add a switch if you like, but I didn't. Mine run as soon as the car is running, so I never have to remember to turn them on. Keep in mind, that if you have the DRL on, then it turns on the yellow parking lights up front. When these are activated, it will then turn the fog lights yellow as well. So you can run dual amber upfront for DRL, or you can switch the DRL off and only run the fogs during the day. This is a preference found in the touchscreen.

You can tap into the turn signal wires directly out of the lights. If you peel away some tape, you can cut the wires, and then re-splice them back together with solder and/or electrical tape. I would use that ground as well, as the shortest path to ground is always best practice.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Hardly mods, but added some interior fun. Thanks to @starscream5000, I bought an Ultra-Gauge. I love it! Now I realize that I do have a boost leak. I felt something amiss a few weeks ago, but never figured it out...no leaks, no missing hoses. It never showed up anywhere, until I had a gauge to show me. I will be doing the wastegate mod this weekend. My vehicle was manufactured in Sept 2012, which is way before they started figuring things out with the turbo, which was around April 2013 and later.

One of the first things added was my vent phone mount, between the steering wheel and the LCD display:

Found an orange ice scrapper: Ha!

Subwoofer in my trunk (that's an emergency tie-down strap on the right)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I tried to order the carbon fiber gear shift knob, but the coolest Alfa Guiletta one was out of stock :furious:

And I really want these wheels: (TSW Bathurst 19x8 in gunmetal black) - only 20.55 lbs each! (Stock 17" wheels are 24.4 lbs each!)

Photoshop trickery:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
New wheels!!!! TSW Bathurst - gunmetal black. Under 20 lbs. per wheel - yes, I DO feel a difference! I can launch under 1000 rpms now - it just wants to go fast!
The tires are 235/35X19" - I later replaced them, b/c I blew out the front two, and they were a cheap brand.

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Since the wheels were off, I sanded and repainted the brake calipers, too. Last night, I installed the GFB D+ - I ordered it from Australia and saved $30 - the bolts that shipped with it did not reach with the Forge BOV, which I suspected. No problem - a trip to Home Depot and $3 took care of that.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Next up: More Orange! I added LEDs inside the front grill, another set under the front lip, and a pair inside the front wheel wells - Now the underbody lighting goes all the way around - Ridiculousness Level 11!

I installed an illuminated toggle switch for these suckers:

41 - 60 of 332 Posts