Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
You are from chicago? Car looks good.

You need to check out chicagolanddarts and dartsofillinois on facebook. Two good groups for local peeps.

·
Registered
449 Posts
After the full installation, I was rockin' for about two weeks - then all of a sudden, no bass! Uh oh - the amplifier i had used was from a previous installation, so it already had a bunch of hours on it. Needless to say, the power transformer blew on it - It wasn't worth the time for me to fix it, due to it's power and age, so I replaced it with a Kicker DX.500. This is a mono, 500 watt power amplifier specifically designed for this purpose. I added a 0/1 Awg ground line for power in the trunk when I replaced the unit.
View attachment 49912
From the driver seat, I have control of the EQ and subwoofer controls, and from the trunk, I can alter the crossover frequency, bass boost & output gain. The Polk speakers compliment the Kicker 3.5" in the front dash, as the Kicker full range 6x9 speakers are a bit too "hyped" for my taste. In other words, they boost the high frequencies in our vehicles 3-5 dB at 8K and higher. The Polks have always sounded smoother to me, and the addition on the subwoofer and dash speakers give it a huge sound - not a flat frequency curve, but a pleasantly pleasing one.
You might not want to mount your amps like that. When amps are mounted upside down...the heat rises into the board instead of through the heat sinks and through the top. This could be a factor why your previous amp took a crap on you. Just food for thought. I'm currently building an amp rack for mine so I can mount it upright but still attach it to the decklid.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Now Dodge didn't pay me SHIT to drive it's vehicles...did they pay you? Well, then I'm not in the mood to advertise them for free! I removed all of the Dodge badges for a cleaner look. The Multiair turbo badge was saved for later use inside. The 5 letters of D-O-D-G-E were replaced with those of my name: Y-O-D-E-R.
View attachment 49940
Lol...I don't think that is the right context for that analogy. Everyone knows you are driving a dodge...so in a way you are advertising for them just by driving the car...most people know it's a dodge.

Also I find this funny you don't want people to know what you drive...but you want everyone to know you bought it at Berwyn Kia...lol

That would have been the first thing off my car personally

·
Registered
449 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts