Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Dart SXT , and I’m thinking of putting in some Dart GT Quick struts on it , Since the GT has stiffer struts. Is this possible??

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Aftermarket quick struts can be questionable. You have no idea how good or bad the springs are since they were likely made in China. There are lower mileage GTs at the junk yards. I would prefer those springs if it was my Darts. Many parts places will remove or install your springs to struts you buy from them. Or invest in your own spring compressor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aftermarket quick struts can be questionable. You have no idea how good or bad the springs are since they were likely made in China. There are lower mileage GTs at the junk yards. I would prefer those springs if it was my Darts. Many parts places will remove or install your springs to struts you buy from them. Or invest in your own spring compressor.
The question was can I put GT struts on my SXT??

·
Super Moderator
4,558 Posts
The question was can I put GT struts on my SXT??
Yeah it should be. Honestly, unless you plant on tracking it or something, just stick with the stock ones if they are cheaper. I have a GT, and honestly wish I had the lower trim suspension. Who knows how much better it actually is, but the rougher ride is honestly not worth it. lol However, 80+k on it and they seem to be holding up very well so at least that's a good thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it should be. Honestly, unless you plant on tracking it or something, just stick with the stock ones if they are cheaper. I have a GT, and honestly wish I had the lower trim suspension. Who knows how much better it actually is, but the rougher ride is honestly not worth it. lol However, 80+k on it and they seem to be holding up very well so at least that's a good thing.
Yeah the stock SXT isn’t built for sharp turns, I’m sure the GT suspension is.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I barely made 20k with mine before they blow...

They are a good compromise if you found some cheap and dont want to lower it otherwise gecko or bc coilover are a better choice.

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you're going to do this get the parts from a junkyard...I wouldnt though as i miss the smooth ride of the SXT as opposed to the GT. Id rather go the other way if it were up to me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2013 Dart SXT , and I’m thinking of putting in some Dart GT Quick struts on it , Since the GT has stiffer struts. Is this possible??
I just did that on my 2016 SXT. Worked great. I am not sure if they are stiffer than stock - my old struts had 85k so by proxy anything would have been stiffer. The only odd thing is that my front end sits a good bit higher (3 inches above the tire), but yet again I am comparing worn out components to new ones. I hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts