Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
I'd prefer a manual; but with the new transmissions being as fast as they are, I think I could deal without it. I prefer manual though; if they have a stick shift, i'd probably get it, even if it's slower.

I think it'd be cool if they came up with an awesome shift light like Stryker in the Vipers..

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'd prefer a manual; but with the new transmissions being as fast as they are, I think I could deal without it. I prefer manual though; if they have a stick shift, i'd probably get it, even if it's slower.

I think it'd be cool if they came up with an awesome shift light like Stryker in the Vipers..
100% agreed!

I'm excited to see what the SRT finally looks like and what the performance is. The waiting part is difficult. I have a feeling they're going to make it very tempting to trade the current Dart in for one. We'll see I guess.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
100% agreed!

I'm excited to see what the SRT finally looks like and what the performance is. The waiting part is difficult. I have a feeling they're going to make it very tempting to trade the current Dart in for one. We'll see I guess.
Only 2 years to go, assuming they hit their deadline of "end of 2016". By the way, it will almost certainly be a 2017 model year vehicle based on its scheduled release date (the "new" Dart is scheduled to be launched in the latter half of 2016 as well, also probably as the 2017 Dart).

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd buy a WRX if they only offered the Dart SRT in auto. In my opinion, a driver's car with an auto just isn't a driver's car. But I don't think it's going to come to that with the Dart. I think Dodge knows well enough that a large portion of the Dart SRT buyers will want a manual option. Just look at how many Darts we sell with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well the new mustangs have over 300 hp with their 2.3L 4 cylinder, I'm sure in over a year dodge can find the hp. I really am just hoping they stick with the awd and hp projections or I'll probably be looking at scoobydoos.

The caliber was pretty underrated lol.. My csrt dynod at 274hp at the wheels which is over 300 at the crank. Dodge will have no problems pumping out over 300hp from a 2.4

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
All of the advantages that manuals offered over automatics has pretty much disappeared. With the exception of Porsche and Audi, most of the high performance brands are using automatics exclusively because they are faster in all aspects of driving fast and they enable more control over engine tuning since they can match the transmission logic to the engine output. Plus they all have some sort of shift control via a stick or paddles that offer full manual control. I'd be in the market either way but given the choice I'm getting the auto version. I spend way too much time in stop and go traffic every day and really would like to have remote start again.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Ive stated it before, I realize the new auto's provide faster shifting. My point is about enjoyment for myself and that only comes with a traditional manual. Its a personal choice I know and doesnt detract from the awesomeness of the SRT....I will just be extremely dissapointed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 15 SXT Rallye right now and so I am really hoping that they keep the SRT4s going for at least a few years so I can maybe trade in for one in like 4 years xD

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
19 Participants
Veloster Style
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing