Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 40 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm think the D Cuv will be a something like a journey srt since 2016 is when it gets changed and also discontinue of grand caravans.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I hate to say it but all these plans can change.
They year after bankruptcy the dealers saw this same song and dance and graphics in private meetings at each dealership.
Those plans were blown up and changed within 1.5 years. Not modified but blown up and scrapped.

So all I am going to say is here we go again.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
When this comes out I wonder if I can match up the engine with my ddct........ I knew I should've waited a few years -_-

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
They year after bankruptcy the dealers saw this same song and dance and graphics in private meetings at each dealership.
Those plans were blown up and changed within 1.5 years. Not modified but blown up and scrapped.

Fun Squisher

·
Registered
1,642 Posts

The initial plan was put in place before they had a clear understanding of what they had, of course it was going to change. All plans are subject to change, im willing to bet that this plan sticks a lot better than the old 5 year plan. FCA also finally has a clear direction for each one of the brands which should make it a lot easier to maintain this plan.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The initial plan was put in place before they had a clear understanding of what they had, of course it was going to change. All plans are subject to change, im willing to bet that this plan sticks a lot better than the old 5 year plan. FCA also finally has a clear direction for each one of the brands which should make it a lot easier to maintain this plan.
That is what was promised and planned the last time. Just like the Fiat 500 was supposed to be sold out of the same buildings in a "different salon" as the DCJR brands.
I hope we get a DSRT. I like my car but could use some power and speed again.

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Dart will be moving exclusively to the 2.4L as the base engine. The 2.0 Hurricane with ~240hp will be the upgrade engine and then obviously the SRT will get a HO turbo version of the Hurricane or the 2.4L. Since the DSRT will be sharing the drivetrain with the Journey SRT it should help with keeping the cost relatively low. I'd expect a starting MSRP of $28-29k. The Dart GT(or R/T if they go back to it) should compete with the Focus ST.

The Chrysler 100 will take over as the volume and fuel economy player to compete with the Focus, Civic and Corolla, leaving Dart to focus on performance.
I'm drooling over here.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Good thing I paid cash for my Dart. I am saving as we speak for my next Dart. I will have cash in hand when the orders open fir the SRT4....I will have one

·
Registered
207 Posts
That is what was promised and planned the last time. Just like the Fiat 500 was supposed to be sold out of the same buildings in a "different salon" as the DCJR brands.
I hope we get a DSRT. I like my car but could use some power and speed again.
While you are right, things are much farther along with this five year plan. The last plan was mostly paper while this one has some teeth (and lots of money) behind it.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
WHAT DOES D CUV MEAN?!?!?!?!?!?!? lol. Dart hatch back?
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Nope.

D-CUV is the Journey...they just might change the name

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes it has been so called "confirmed" let me remind you all of this one thing. Chrysler/Dodge has changed direction thousands of times. The new Cuda was suppose to be out this year also. Anyone seen that? I want them to bring out the SRT but I work for this company and I can tell you this. Don't believe a damn thing till you see it. Remember the Dart hatchback they also said they was going to do? Nothing! Hate to rain on anyone's parade but bottom line is Fiat tells a lot of tales and since they own it now they are a perfect new owners because they always tell fairy tales and dreams. PR interest is what they are after. get you all pumped up. Patriot and Compass was going to be gone again this year and we at the plant was told just months ago they are gone. Now it seems another year? Do not trust what you read trust what us workers see with our own eyes. Do not get your hopes up. Just like the Mopar edition all 500 was sold before they made it to any lot. Why only 500? PR interest that's why. SO if the do launch a srt expect those cars to be a 1 shot limited or not happen at all. If they say 2015 expect nothing till 2017 lets be realistic we have seen push after push lie and lie promise after promise. Betting the 200 even the 100 srt will be out before Dart. How many SRT listed? Find all of a sudden SRT!!! here and there.
Also notice no word of engine, power train etc etc. Again (plan) is not a schedule. This is another News cast before set in stone something we all have seen over and over . Sorry just us at the plant know the truth behind these so called plans.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yes it has been so called "confirmed" let me remind you all of this one thing. Chrysler/Dodge has changed direction thousands of times. The new Cuda was suppose to be out this year also. Anyone seen that? I want them to bring out the SRT but I work for this company and I can tell you this. Don't believe a damn thing till you see it. Remember the Dart hatchback they also said they was going to do? Nothing! Hate to rain on anyone's parade but bottom line is Fiat tells a lot of tales and since they own it now they are a perfect new owners because they always tell fairy tales and dreams. PR interest is what they are after. get you all pumped up. Patriot and Compass was going to be gone again this year and we at the plant was told just months ago they are gone. Now it seems another year? Do not trust what you read trust what us workers see with our own eyes. Do not get your hopes up. Just like the Mopar edition all 500 was sold before they made it to any lot. Why only 500? PR interest that's why. SO if the do launch a srt expect those cars to be a 1 shot limited or not happen at all. If they say 2015 expect nothing till 2017 lets be realistic we have seen push after push lie and lie promise after promise. Betting the 200 even the 100 srt will be out before Dart. How many SRT listed? Find all of a sudden SRT!!! here and there.
Also notice no word of engine, power train etc etc. Again (plan) is not a schedule. This is another News cast before set in stone something we all have seen over and over . Sorry just us at the plant know the truth behind these so called plans.
You didn't even read the plan, did you?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I work for this company as well. While there has been numerous times for doom and gloom over my 16 years with the company, things seem to finally be heading in the right direction. If you want to continue to bash the company who pads your wallet with a more than reasonable wage, quit and go elsewhere. We won't skip a beat without you and your negativity.

21 - 40 of 357 Posts
About this Discussion
356 Replies
86 Participants
mopar22
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing