Dodge Dart Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
The vented hood would be for a ram air intake. Essentially cold air of it were a turbo car it would be there to provide extra air to cool down. The motor/turbo even oil cooled turbos get hot. They've been advertising these parts since before the darts release ... Idk about the hood but the aluminum door accents and the aero kit can be purchased this whole ideal seems to be toying with the srt4 when it comes out it will over shadow the previous neon srt4, we won't mention the caliber but we'll also most likely see an awd 2.0 turbo version basically the darts a great platform but they need to work out all the links my rallye 2.o was 19k with 10 miles on it fully loaded minus leather and the alpine stereo. There going to need to make a car that's reliable still getting decent gas milage and at a comfortable price that people will be attracted to as for the duck tail that's going to be a special addition from the factory it will most likely. Be apart of the body

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I wish Mopar would actually release the hoods there constantly teasing. It's annoying that they make stuff, continuously put it on show cars, and never actually produce it. Even if I don't have my dart any more, it's bad business practice IMO.
i know i haven't been on here much lately. gotta link to this story?

·
Registered
916 Posts
I don't understand how the scat packs are out for charger challenger but I can't find anything for the dart...All I want is the suspension or all of scat pack 3.

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
To confirm. The appearance items you see are not included with the scat packs. Including the hood.

Also it's not really clarified how one attains the packages. Are they only available when being built at the factory or can dealers install the package? It seems odd to me that they say the packages are only available for the 2.4L. How can they say that when, as stated here already, some of the packages can obviously be applied to other models. So many questions, so little answers. :sad:
Thank you! IDK how many Scat Pack threads I have needed to post that info in.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That hood and intake. So much want!
I can't seem to eyeball the Mopar stripe on it but I'm guessing it'd look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Not sure Y there r 2 different brake upgrades between the 3 stages for as slow as the dart is, unless the scat tune bumps up over 250 HP. Which i doubt cuz the 3 stages for the challenger/charger are only a 58HP increase for the $9000.00 it costs. It would be cheaper to super charge either of those vehicles and get twice the HP gains for less $. The only plus is the scat upgrades wont void our warranties. Im really curious to see what the actual HP gains are to the dart with all 3 stages added to the GT. Then and only then can i decide to add the 3 stages or just wait til one of these venders gets a 2.4 turboed/supercharged. I love my GT but damn this thing is slow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure Y there r 2 different brake upgrades between the 3 stages for as slow as the dart is, unless the scat tune bumps up over 250 HP. Which i doubt cuz the 3 stages for the challenger/charger are only a 58HP increase for the $9000.00 it costs. It would be cheaper to super charge either of those vehicles and get twice the HP gains for less $. The only plus is the scat upgrades wont void our warranties. Im really curious to see what the actual HP gains are to the dart with all 3 stages added to the GT. Then and only then can i decide to add the 3 stages or just wait til one of these venders gets a 2.4 turboed/supercharged. I love my GT but damn this thing is slow.
I couldn't agree more I wish there was a turbo or supercharger and is how good the clutches r in this car but u would think w a stave 3 u would get a better clutch for that much money. This car is horrible compared to my old cobalt Ss supercharged

61 - 78 of 78 Posts