Dodge Dart Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
At the rate the scat packs are doing when my lease is up in exactly 2 years I may be ordering a scat pack model!

·
Premium Member
6,477 Posts
It looks like that little hole on top can be blocked off, probably have a little black piece of plasic that snaps into place if you dont have the Mopar hood. I doubt mopar would design an intake that only works with the hood.
Yeah, I would assume that based on it being in the same position as the stock airbox, it can use either the ram air hood scoop or the usual wheel well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Honestly, if you wouldn't have told us it was off your phone I wouldn't have known. Crazy times we live in, eh? haha

·
Registered
856 Posts
To confirm. The appearance items you see are not included with the scat packs. Including the hood.

Also it's not really clarified how one attains the packages. Are they only available when being built at the factory or can dealers install the package? It seems odd to me that they say the packages are only available for the 2.4L. How can they say that when, as stated here already, some of the packages can obviously be applied to other models. So many questions, so little answers. :sad:
It's all to do with marketing.

The 2.4 will sell alot better with these stages line up with them. Like you can get a 2.4 gt fully loaded or you can get a stage 1, 2 or 3 kit and make it a scat dart..u just sold 1000 because of the word stage lol

Makes it sound like it's the STI of darts lol

I can't see it a add on at the dealer as well i really think they are going to be a model.

Like Rallye is a SXT.

GT will be a scat pack 1.2.3 dart

And those parts will fit any dart.

·
Banned
2,521 Posts
Wait, when is this being release??
I sent Dodge an email, and they basically said "At the
present time, no information has been provided beyond the 2014 model
year nor has information been released regarding the availability of the
2015 Dodge Dart lineup."

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this package.
Like everything else on the Dart, MOPAR will just tease you with it, but never actually release anything. Wouldn't be the first time!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Whaaaaaaat?
Anything suspension and cosmetic should fit all Darts right?
Engine mods maybe, but you should be able to hit the brakes, spoilers, and everything else.

Then again we're talking about a product that has very little details about it xD
I mean't the engine tune and stuff like that to modify the engine. haha i.e. the air intake It wouldn't work with the 1.4 to the best of my knowledge. But yeah, pretty much any aesthetic feature will work praise God

·
Registered
158 Posts
Did I say hiow much I'm digging the Scat Pack Dart? Dang it's sexy! Thanks for sharing the pics!

As a side note this thread has been moved into the new Dart Scat Pack Forums. Now all we need is a member who gets one of these beasts
If only it were that easy. Nice move on making this it's own forum by the way!

·
Registered
243 Posts
The blacked out crosshairs and black headlights. I know the GT come with moderately blacked out headlights, but these look darker. I saw Steve Magnante taking to his 2013 Rallye, and it had blacked out crosshairs. That guy's so the muscle-car obsessed uncle I never had.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
To confirm. The appearance items you see are not included with the scat packs. Including the hood. Also it's not really clarified how one attains the packages. Are they only available when being built at the factory or can dealers install the package? It seems odd to me that they say the packages are only available for the 2.4L. How can they say that when, as stated here already, some of the packages can obviously be applied to other models. So many questions, so little answers. :sad:
judging by your quote, I don't think the mopar cat back is an "electronic cutout". I think it is simply a side exit exhaust

·
Registered
218 Posts
Did I say hiow much I'm digging the Scat Pack Dart? Dang it's sexy! Thanks for sharing the pics!

As a side note this thread has been moved into the new Dart Scat Pack Forums. Now all we need is a member who gets one of these beasts
Oh don't worry. We'll get some Scat Packs here asap :3

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
Neither the hood nor the wheels are listed in any stage of the Scat Pack. The hood will likely be sold separately, and who knows about the wheels. There are plenty of aftermarket wheels out there to suit any taste, anyway. Anyway, while they say this is all for 2.4L Darts, I'm pretty sure everything but the engine calibration should work with any Dart (though the big brake kit could require minimum 17" or 18" wheels).
Everyone can always read the official announcement on the extra accessories. While the hood, duck butt, and wheels are not included in ANY of the stages, they are supposed to also become available.

·
Banned
2,546 Posts
if there isnt a date for this stuff, i dont care. i have my injen, my STS, 2.25 exhaust and lightweght pulley. not worried about a gussied up lawn ornament till i see it.

·
Banned
2,546 Posts
judging by your quote, I don't think the mopar cat back is an "electronic cutout". I think it is simply a side exit exhaust
lol. yeah. why would anyone put a electronic cutout on a NA 4cyl? thats counter productive in performance,lol.

·
Registered
158 Posts
if there isnt a date for this stuff, i dont care. i have my injen, my STS, 2.25 exhaust and lightweght pulley. not worried about a gussied up lawn ornament till i see it.
I want to say I don't care about it if there is no expected date like you do..... but I always keep coming back.... I have a problem... :crying:

·
Banned
2,546 Posts
I want to say I don't care about it if there is no expected date like you do..... but I always keep coming back.... I have a problem... :crying:
its ok, its called obsession. you will learn to cope with it... or go into depression and drink till you pass out? but unfortunately my healing factor keeps me from getting drunk.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts