Dodge Dart Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Ok guys, before you start calling and waiting for this "car" to come out. Just to let you know this is a aftermarket DIY (Do It Yourself) kit well 3 kits. There are 3 Stages.
And nowhere in the picture listing the three stages does it show the hood or spoiler! :-(

It did... I'm torn between the two.
Center, or side exit.

OR
BOTH.

Baha. Quad exhaust with two side and two center.

Hrmmm... I may be onto something, or crazy. Probably crazy.
IDEA! Have the side exit exhaust be for an electronic cut out, and the rear center one just be for normal, through muffler, everyday driving. That would be tits!!!

"Yesterday don't mean shit, cause tomorrow's the day that you have to face!"

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
One year later: "still have no idea about availability..." LOL

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I talked to the guy at Mopar that is the head of the scat pack and he said the hood should be available by December. That hood is going to look Amazing on my Dart!

I want your hood and rear defuser and then i can get my titan exhaust done

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
do you have a sound clip of your exhaust

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
did it have a side exit exhaust? all the promo pics had one on the driver side
It did... I'm torn between the two.
Center, or side exit.

OR
BOTH.

Baha. Quad exhaust with two side and two center.

Hrmmm... I may be onto something, or crazy. Probably crazy.
it has regular exhaust with an electric cutoff side exit exhaust bet of bot worlds

Reactions: VaderGT

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
the hood and spooler com with the car when you order the gt from factory with the scat oak option

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
But can you order them separately?

·
Premium Member
6,477 Posts
Random question.... If the scat pack come out, and I plan on trading in for it... would it be better if I kept my 18" Hyper blacks?
I just want that hood!!!!!!
Neither the hood nor the wheels are listed in any stage of the Scat Pack. The hood will likely be sold separately, and who knows about the wheels. There are plenty of aftermarket wheels out there to suit any taste, anyway. Anyway, while they say this is all for 2.4L Darts, I'm pretty sure everything but the engine calibration should work with any Dart (though the big brake kit could require minimum 17" or 18" wheels).

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I want to know about that spoiler. They tease it on every single one of there concepts yet I haven't even heard a peep about it coming to retail. All this advertizing for parts that aren't even for sale. Mopar has been very disappointing with the Dart....

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was searching for pics of the dart @ SF9 since it happened! Most of what I was able to find only showcased the challenger and charger! Glad someone was able to take some for the team! So far my initial interest lies in the intake and possibly the exhaust depending on how it sounds. Later down the line, I may do the suspension. Also would like to see that engine calibration. Thank you fnkychkn!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Neither the hood nor the wheels are listed in any stage of the Scat Pack. The hood will likely be sold separately, and who knows about the wheels. There are plenty of aftermarket wheels out there to suit any taste, anyway. Anyway, while they say this is all for 2.4L Darts, I'm pretty sure everything but the engine calibration should work with any Dart (though the big brake kit could require minimum 17" or 18" wheels).
I would assume the vented Hood would be a requirement for the cold air intake, seeing as it's where it's designed to vent air in via the part seen in the pics.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
It looks like that little hole on top can be blocked off, probably have a little black piece of plasic that snaps into place if you dont have the Mopar hood. I doubt mopar would design an intake that only works with the hood.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just want the hood, CAI, and Door sill plate. If it's coming in December then this looks like a good use of my tax refund next year :)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I would assume the vented Hood would be a requirement for the cold air intake, seeing as it's where it's designed to vent air in via the part seen in the pics.
Or directly onto my already installed DRP SRI! :-D

"Yesterday don't mean shit, cause tomorrow's the day that you have to face!"

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
To confirm. The appearance items you see are not included with the scat packs. Including the hood.

https://blog.dodge.com/features/hive-revived-scat-pack-returns-45-years/ said:
Mopar modifications extend beyond the Scat Package kits with the dual vented functional aluminum hood, which captures cool air for the Mopar cold-air intake and exhausts hot air to achieve optimal operating temperature.

The aero package from the limited-edition Mopar ’13 Dart is imported into the 2014 Dodge Dart, with Mopar side sills, chin splitter and rear diffuser, and a unique new three-piece decklid spoiler to boost downforce. A new exhaust dump with side exhaust helps the engine breathe, and the Dart rides on concept 19 x 8-inch lightweight gloss black wheels, accented with Mopar logo center caps.
Also it's not really clarified how one attains the packages. Are they only available when being built at the factory or can dealers install the package? It seems odd to me that they say the packages are only available for the 2.4L. How can they say that when, as stated here already, some of the packages can obviously be applied to other models. So many questions, so little answers. :sad:

21 - 40 of 78 Posts