Dodge Dart Forum banner
521 - 539 of 539 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I was looking into getting the Race Tack light, and it appears that I do not have the connections back by my taillights to hook into. I have an SXT. Has anyone dealt with this yet?
Check with drobinder at BrightTails.com. He'll take care of ya

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a message into Drobinder. I'll see what he has to say. He mentioned in one video that it all connects into a plug in the trunk. I'll have to take a look, or contact the dealer as well. Figured I would look for some first hand info as well.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Just realized that I never let the Text Font Line Document Number
community know that Chrysler did indeed "reimburse" me.

To recap:

• In November of 2012, I purchased the MOPAR #82213354 "Light Bar" from my local CJDR dealership's Parts Counter ... I had a 10% off coupon, so the part was $283.50 ($315 - $31.50) + 8.75% sales tax ($24.81) = $308.31 total (installed in my hand).

• In May of 2013, I received a "DODGE DART TRACK LIGHTS $199 SPECIAL OFFER" voucher/postcard in the mail.

• In July of 2013, I took that postcard to my local CJDR dealership in hopes they would reimburse the difference ... the Parts Manager explained that their cost on the MOPAR #82213354 "Light Bar" Kit was ~$233.50 (so he could only give me a "refund" of ~$50) ... and that I should try contacting Chrysler Customer Service about getting a full reimbursement.

• I took his advice, called the 800 # and spoke with a Chrysler customer service representative about my "situation." The rep verified my VIN was eligible for the $199 RRT ... gave me a case number ... asked me to scan my copy of the MOPAR #82213354 "Light Bar" Kit receipt/invoice ... and then upload the scanned image to their website.

• Two weeks later, a check in the amount of $109.31 from "Chrysler Group LLC" arrived in my mailbox!

So in the end, I too got my LED "Racetrack" Taillamps for $199!

Reactions: Tiger-Heli

·
Registered
22 Posts
New here but thanks to the information on the posts I was able to find out I could get the LED lights for the 199.99 price. I called Chrysler customer service and they told me they were no longer sending the coupons that I could just go to the dealership and let them know the RTT code. I called the dealer and was told they needed proof so they could get reimbursed, called Chrysler again and was told to pay full price but to submit my receipt for reimbursement for the difference. To cut it short, the lady working at the front counter at the dealership was very knowledgeable and got me the 199.99 plus tax price without the coupon. I ended up paying 213.33. It looks great.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I called up Chrysler last week to see if this promo was still running and the CSR told me it was going on until the end of the year and to let them know if I have any problems with the dealer. I then called the dealer to see about getting the LEDs and couldn't seem to get ahold of the only person who can order the part/set up the installation for me. So since I couldn't get the manager on the phone I decided to go in.

Well after 2 hours at the dealer today we got nowhere (yet). I think the Customer Relations Manager was genuinely trying to find out how to process the promo/recall/whatever but she or anyone at that dealership it seemed knew how to. They pulled up the TSB and that code RTT 13-030 but the material didn't show them how to process the order so they couldn't do it for me today. Even one of the service managers said he heard of it and it was $100 (I hope!) or so but didn't know how to pull it up.

So the customer relations manager said she's gonna look into it more and call me in the morning if she's figured it out. When I got home, I called Chrysler back up explaining the what happened at the dealer and the rep on the phone told me it was a very straightforward procedure and didn't understand why my dealer couldn't pull it up/process the request. So she called the dealer and left a message on the manager's answering machine since she didn't answer explaining how to sell me the lighting. So hopefully tomorrow I'll get a call so I can get these LEDs.

I didn't think it'd be this difficult, but as long as I get my lights I'm ok lol.

·
Registered
146 Posts
you have an SE dart or another model? I would love to get the lights this way if I could. I have the SE dart

I called up Chrysler last week to see if this promo was still running and the CSR told me it was going on until the end of the year and to let them know if I have any problems with the dealer. I then called the dealer to see about getting the LEDs and couldn't seem to get ahold of the only person who can order the part/set up the installation for me. So since I couldn't get the manager on the phone I decided to go in.

Well after 2 hours at the dealer today we got nowhere (yet). I think the Customer Relations Manager was genuinely trying to find out how to process the promo/recall/whatever but she or anyone at that dealership it seemed knew how to. They pulled up the TSB and that code RTT 13-030 but the material didn't show them how to process the order so they couldn't do it for me today. Even one of the service managers said he heard of it and it was $100 (I hope!) or so but didn't know how to pull it up.

So the customer relations manager said she's gonna look into it more and call me in the morning if she's figured it out. When I got home, I called Chrysler back up explaining the what happened at the dealer and the rep on the phone told me it was a very straightforward procedure and didn't understand why my dealer couldn't pull it up/process the request. So she called the dealer and left a message on the manager's answering machine since she didn't answer explaining how to sell me the lighting. So hopefully tomorrow I'll get a call so I can get these LEDs.

I didn't think it'd be this difficult, but as long as I get my lights I'm ok lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Update: The dealer gave me a call earlier today to let me know that they figured out how to process the RTT and that they've already ordered the lights for me. And it'll cost me $199. Was hoping for cheaper but it's cheaper than buying the option and getting the lights by themselves from Mopar so I'm happy.

you have an SE dart or another model? I would love to get the lights this way if I could. I have the SE dart
I have a Limited. They told me that the SE doesn't qualify for the $199 tail lamps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Damn that really sucks!!

Update: The dealer gave me a call earlier today to let me know that they figured out how to process the RTT and that they've already ordered the lights for me. And it'll cost me $199. Was hoping for cheaper but it's cheaper than buying the option and getting the lights by themselves from Mopar so I'm happy.

I have a Limited. They told me that the SE doesn't qualify for the $199 tail lamps.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well, I have an SE and while I was getting an oil change today at my dealer I inquired about any updates for my car. Apparently, this RRT is available for SE's, though I don't know the cost. I will probably get mine from @drobinder anyways.

·
Registered
146 Posts
When you find that out, let me know please. I really wanna get them for the best price I can.

Well, I have an SE and while I was getting an oil change today at my dealer I inquired about any updates for my car. Apparently, this RRT is available for SE's, though I don't know the cost. I will probably get mine from @drobinder anyways.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Will do. I will call tomorrow and then update.

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my dart the first week in January. I found this thread and made a bunch of calls to Chrysler and got bounced around. Finally found a guy that said the last day of December was the end of the deal. They aren't issuing new coupons and if you haven't used your old one they are not honoring them.

Such a shame as my sales rep said YUP THEY HAVE THE LED LIGHTS

·
Registered
94 Posts
I bought my dart the first week in January. I found this thread and made a bunch of calls to Chrysler and got bounced around. Finally found a guy that said the last day of December was the end of the deal. They aren't issuing new coupons and if you haven't used your old one they are not honoring them.

Such a shame as my sales rep said YUP THEY HAVE THE LED LIGHTS
I was told the same thing by my dealer. Complained to dealership and to Dodge, but no help.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
From what I heard they were sending the Darts off the line without the racetrack lights. A lot of them came without them. The rumor was "they weren't profitable". You are correct the coupon received expired in December, or at least mine did. They seem to be including the racetrack lights more and more. (At least from what I can see on the road).

The tech actually said they didn't know how they were going to put them in at that cost. He was totally perplexed. He was so confused I wouldn't even let him have the original coupon until I knew he had what I needed and wanted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
how I hope this is true. I would love to have my racetrack tail-light pretty much paid for. its the only thing missing from my Rallye.

·
Registered
551 Posts
How do you figure this is "pretty much paid for" - it's $199 for an option that was $225 for the car new, and around $250 if you buy the part - of less if you buy the drobinder kit which works better ...

521 - 539 of 539 Posts