Dodge Dart Forum banner
481 - 500 of 539 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Totally agree...funds are low so I always wait things out. I have no idea where in Michigan the headquarters is....just dialed the
number in the fat white manual...if I were you I'd call until I got someone who will get your money back. Now I will say she needed my vin# but really don't know if having the SXT made a difference. $199 to me was reasonable until reading on the forum some of us got lucky.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for confirming.

I'll try Dodge customer service some more. I'll also contact the dealer who did the recent installation.

If anything positive happens, I'll post it.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I saw the text for RRT 13-030 today at my dealer. It most certainly is not a free repair. If some are getting it done totally free, either the dealer is doing it as a courtesy, or the dealer has no clue.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I saw the text for RRT 13-030 today at my dealer. It most certainly is not a free repair. If some are getting it done totally free, either the dealer is doing it as a courtesy, or the dealer has no clue.
yeah I was confused, the serviceman added RRT 13-030 automatically to my service ticket, but all he did was give me a price for it to be done. it was higher than the voucher price so I really need to find mine. do you need the physical copy of the voucher or can they just look up the VIN?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I don't understand why dealers are out to fuckin screw me.... I really don't.
Not sure exactly how you mean that ...

If they will do the voucher mod for free - you are getting an option that most owners paid $225 for at purchase thrown in on the car.

At the original voucher price of $200 - you are getting a factory part for less than most people paid.

If they want more than that - they don't understand how the voucher is supposed to work, but if that case, you are better getting @drobinder's kit for 1/2 of the voucher cost or the much better turn signal kit for 3/4 of the voucher cost.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Some people think the ones the voucher is talking about work with the brakes and turn. Just so every ones the factory ones are only running/parking lights.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Not sure exactly how you mean that ...

If they will do the voucher mod for free - you are getting an option that most owners paid $225 for at purchase thrown in on the car.

At the original voucher price of $200 - you are getting a factory part for less than most people paid.

If they want more than that - they don't understand how the voucher is supposed to work, but if that case, you are better getting @drobinder's kit for 1/2 of the voucher cost or the much better turn signal kit for 3/4 of the voucher cost.
im just talking about them supplying me with false information all the time. its getting tiring.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
and i think the people who are getting them for free are the ones with the lights listed on their window stickers but no lights on the car. or the dealer messed up and a few got lucky and got them for free. MY dealer is giving me a hard time about not having the physical copy of the voucher... they are on the phone with chrysler now verifying that i do qualify.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I just called dodge. I bought my car in July. The lady told it was for anyone who bought a dart before may.

·
Registered
551 Posts
For what started as a great idea (give the customer a $225 option for $200), Dodge is going to alienate a lot of owners if they keep giving them away to some customers and charging others and telling others they don't qualify b/c they bought the car a month too late.

i know, they are the boring ones... but they will be covered under my warranty and thats what im attracted to the most
It's been mentioned many times in other places on the forum, but @drobinder's mod doesn't cut any of the factory wiring. The only part that wouldn't be covered under the factory warranty is the racetrack taillight itself, and that is unlikely to fail (unless you are rear-ended), and fairly inexpensive ($265) to replace if you needed to.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
what my serviceman explained to me... when the darts first came out if they didnt already have the RRTs off the line, they couldnt be installed unless the entire trunk was replaced. NOW the only trim that doesnt have the connectors to add the lights are the SEs. every other trim: its 2 removable panels on the backside of the lightbar that feed directly into the lightbar, then 2 harnesses that clip in for power. he had a huge packet explaining it and showed me diagrams. they now feed the led strip into the unlit lightbar without removing or replacing it.
but it was a service manager, and you know them and their BS. the snaking thing i know is 100% because i saw the TSB packet on how to install it. not sure if he was BSing me on the trunk lid thing. he said it was very costly and they only did it on 2 darts ever. now instead of ordering a new lightbar, they order the LED strip and do it in a half hour.
Here's my issue with all of that.

Yes, the first Darts could have been built without the harness for the racetrack lights.

But all that would have to be done to get them to work is swap out the light panel on the trunk for a lit panel, and then tap power off the indicator wire in the back tail lights.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Here's my issue with all of that.

Yes, the first Darts could have been built without the harness for the racetrack lights.

But all that would have to be done to get them to work is swap out the light panel on the trunk for a lit panel, and then tap power off the indicator wire in the back tail lights.
i think we figured out that my dealer was giving me false information. i'm getting the racetrack lights installed next week so I will ask them how they did it when i go pick it up.

481 - 500 of 539 Posts