Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
FYI ...

This video was taken by @WannaBe SRT driving his Redline 2-Coat Pearl 2013 Dodge Dart SXT (with RALLYE appearance package, 1.4L MultiAir Turbo engine, & FPT C635 6-speed manual gearbox) ... It's basically stock except for a BOV & muffler delete.

The Blue Streak Pearl 2014 Dodge Dart GT (with 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir II engine & FPT C635 6-speed manual gearbox) is owned & driven by @tweav88 ... It too is basically stock except for an HPSI silicone CAI & a Deyeme Racing rear flex mount.

Reactions: Cntrollerfanboy

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
FYI ...

This video was taken by @WannaBe SRT in his Redline 2-Coat Pearl 2013 Dodge Dart SXT (with RALLYE appearance package, 1.4L MultiAir Turbo engine, & FPT C635 6-speed manual gearbox) ... It's basically stock except for a BOV & muffler delete.

The Blue Streak Pearl 2014 Dodge Dart GT (with 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir II engine & FPT C635 6-speed manual gearbox) is owned & driven by @tweav88 ... It's basically stock except for an HPSI silicone CAI & a Deyeme Racing rear flex mount.
are they military guys or they just bought them there?

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
are they military guys or they just bought them there?
Per their forum user profiles ... one is U.S. Army & the other is U.S. Air Force.

I'm not positive ... but I'd guess that they both purchased their Darts via the U.S. Military's ENCS (Exchange New Car Sales) program (now called Military AutoSource).

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bought mine through the Exchange new car sales, but @WannaBe SRT ordered his before the darts were in dealers in Cali I believe. He has a very early production model 2013 rallye.

He's definitely a better driver than I am as you can see in the video I let him pass me and he just runs away and has to wait for me. I am running on the stock yoko's and he has some all season michelins on in the vid. His car pulls on mine in the straights.

·
Registered
49 Posts
@BrendoGT Thanks for sharing my video !! @57ChryslerDart Thanks for the mention here ! The Ring is the most challenging course to take any car on ... The Dart has impressed the germans and at a few autocross events to the point where they send me back to tech inspection to verify that i am in the right class! haha... hopefully the next time we go to the ring, i will put on the race tires and put it to the test!! @tweav88, Sorry man, i wont be waiting up for you on that day !! LOL

·
Banned
2,521 Posts
Looks like a ton of fun! To @BrendoGT I don't think Watkins Glen just lets anyone run freely around the track. They do have days where you can drive on the track (at a safe pace), but unless you're part of some racing club or something like that which participates at WGI then you're pretty much out of luck I believe for running around Watkins Glen. Same really...its a very fun track to drive on from what I hear.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Looks like a ton of fun! To @BrendoGT I don't think Watkins Glen just lets anyone run freely around the track. They do have days where you can drive on the track (at a safe pace), but unless you're part of some racing club or something like that which participates at WGI then you're pretty much out of luck I believe for running around Watkins Glen. Same really...its a very fun track to drive on from what I hear.
I believe you are right about the glen only being able to drive it, though I thought I heard you could do a track day kind of thing but it must be a club event as you said.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah deadpool keeps comparing my Dart to a Focus RS WIKI page .. LOL and now says his GT will make me look slow.. i can say i am a better driver than someone when i have actually autocrossed or raced them, but to claim you are better than someone just from watching a video on youtube is just dumb.. i think its the same guy. but lets move on.

I went to watkin glen awhile back and they were only going 60mph at best behind a safety car... when i have to leave Germany, i think it will be hard to trackday anymore.. maybe just SCCA autocrossing.. the tracks in germany are open to the public when there is no events.. Nurburgring is like that 80% of the year and there are no safety cars or limits mostly!! Just go at your own risk ..

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
no reason to push a good thread to the way side just because of an ex-member's (banned) point of view. Thread has been cleaned for the most part. Keep on track. Just because people have certain view points of a banned or ex-member, this has no merit on the actual thread topic. Keep it clean, on point and classy...

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
@BrendoGT Thanks for sharing my video !! @57ChryslerDart Thanks for the mention here ! The Ring is the most challenging course to take any car on ... The Dart has impressed the germans and at a few autocross events to the point where they send me back to tech inspection to verify that i am in the right class! haha... hopefully the next time we go to the ring, i will put on the race tires and put it to the test!! @tweav88, Sorry man, i wont be waiting up for you on that day !! LOL
I noticed on the video you were working your 4 ways a few times, can you explain what you were using them for? Was it just letting cars behind you know you were not keeping up to speed or were you signaling for something else?

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I find it really aggrevating how much it costs to go on a racetrack, specifically well-known racetracks (like Road America that's about 30 minutes away from me :( )It's only $20 for a guided slow-paced cruise around the track with your car (what IS the point of that?) or $75 for a fast pace with someone else driving. So how much is it to drive your car fast around the track?..... $1,000 entry fee for a "test & tune"....and an additional $250 for a instructor. The prices are stupid ridiculous.

I can appreciate being able to go all-out in a safe(ish) environment, but when you can't afford it all that's left is public roads. I don't think people really realize what they're saying when they say "take it to the track", as they have no idea how expensive it can be and how much time is wasted.

Reactions: youngsmith53

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
Closest track by me for open track day is 350$ and you have to be there all day cuz of how they group cars and such. so you have to be tehre for 8 am drivers meeting but may not get on the track till 3pm.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The ring cost 27euro or about $32-33 a lap. No drivers meetings or anything. Just pay and get in your car and go, it is freaking awesome.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yeah deadpool keeps comparing my Dart to a Focus RS WIKI page .. LOL and now says his GT will make me look slow.. i can say i am a better driver than someone when i have actually autocrossed or raced them, but to claim you are better than someone just from watching a video on youtube is just dumb.. i think its the same guy. but lets move on.

I went to watkin glen awhile back and they were only going 60mph at best behind a safety car... when i have to leave Germany, i think it will be hard to trackday anymore.. maybe just SCCA autocrossing.. the tracks in germany are open to the public when there is no events.. Nurburgring is like that 80% of the year and there are no safety cars or limits mostly!! Just go at your own risk ..
I see you're from MD so you might have a chance to get stationed in VA. I know VIR has track days every now and again and same for Mid Ohio

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.