Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2014 Dart Rallye, 2.0, manual transmission, 65,000 miles. I got it at auction as a project car with a pretty bad hit to the front end. I got it home and noticed the oil filter had a hole in it, and sure enough, whoever wrecked it either left it running or tried to start it again with no oil. Needs new rod and main bearings so looks like I picked up more of a project than I bargained for. I couldn't seem to access the bearings from below and I have decided to pull the motor and transmission together and do it outside the car. I am also going to get into the transmission and replace the clutch and pretty much anything else that comes with a clutch kit for this car. I have never worked on a front wheel drive car so this is all a little odd and tight quarters for me. Any overall tips would be greatly appreciated. Also specifically wondering if anyone knows the size of the transmission drain plug as I can't find it anywhere online.
Thanks,
Cole 2014 Dodge Dart Rallye

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
You really want to get the FSM or at least a subscription. There is way too much to post here. It might be easier to first drop the trans and then get the engine out the top rather than trying to do both at the same time.
http://www.alldatadiy.com/

The drain for the manual trans:

Fill plug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts