Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else likes how the front blacked out bumper of the Rallye look, but wants the tech that comes with the Limited model?

Anyone else ever buy black shiny car vinyl to put onto the front bumper to make a car look sportier like make the limited model look like the Rallye model?

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
I had the same thought yesterday. I was thinking with my Dart being a dark color, dull black would look pretty good. But looking at the pilars and them being shiny. I think a shiny black vinyl would make it look good. Not sure but I do know someone who does vinyl work and I'm going to ask them about next time I see them.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
This car has the potential to replace the Scions and Hondas as the car to mod. Just need the aftermarket companies to catch up. Probably will see a change in a year or two.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would paint it instead or order the ralley part to install

·
Registered
375 Posts
trouble is sun breaks it down AFTER A FEW YEARS of outside exposure and then it cracks, After that ist is very hard to peel off to replace it. Have you ever seen the clear proctector film made for car after a few years, and it is made for outside use

·
Registered
1 Posts
i totally agree that they should offer a Limited with Rallye appearance pkg. Im a Chrysler group salesperson and I emailed our rep and also distribution and told them they should offer that. Of course there has been no reply. Consider this: Who is more likely to be into techie features like TFT reconfigurable dash, smart beam lights, rain sense wipers, blind spot detection, etc? The 20-30-40 yr olds. Who is more likely to choose the Rallye model? 20-30-40 year olds. The Limited which has those features is more appealing to the 50-60 year olds but they are totally detached from the advanced technologies. Trust me i have to teach them every day how to use it all. They act like I'm speaking Greek. Not to mention they all say the same thing: "Thats just one more thing to break". So it makes no sense for the technological showcase to be the Limited. Give the techie people the option of getting the techie stuff in a cool package such as the Rallye

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
As a tech nut myself, I love the Limited having the two screens and everything else. That is what appealed to me and i'm only 31. I would say the Limited and up would appeal to any "techie", as you put it. I agree that the 50 and up crowd would think it is just one more thing to break. That age group is use to non-tech things. I would think the SXT or Rally would appeal more to that crowd since it doesn't have all the tech things in them. I think the older crowd would not use the tech features as much as the younger crowds. I love using the touch screen and the steering wheel controls, bluetooth phone connect that allows me to use Pandora through my phone that will play in the car speakers. Also I like Garmin GPS and really like the features. What can I say. Hi, I'm Jeff, and I'm a tech nut.:cool2:

·
Registered
375 Posts
wrong wrong wrong, I am 54 years old, and i know about all the techie stuff, I was working with LED lighting when 20-30 year olds were still in the crib...So don't prejudge us oldster's we invented most of the tech you use these days. Detached from advanced tech I think not. People like what they like there is no age limits to that, I was one of the first with a Driod, I always keep myself updated, I put led taillights in my custom harley over 10 years ago and took first place in many bike shows. I invented my own keyless ignition system for motorcycles many years ago and now it is used every where in the auto industry. Picking on the wrong old guy here...Hi I am Bob and I ordered a Loaded limited that I am going to tech out even more and update apperance and preformance, wait til I chip it and get into the computer brain with my laptop...By the way I built my 2Nd computer I ever owned myself,

·
Registered
962 Posts
wrong wrong wrong, I am 54 years old, and i know about all the techie stuff, I was working with LED lighting when 20-30 year olds were still in the crib...So don't prejudge us oldster's we invented most of the tech you use these days. Detached from advanced tech I think not. People like what they like there is no age limits to that, I was one of the first with a Driod, I always keep myself updated, I put led taillights in my custom harley over 10 years ago and took first place in many bike shows. I invented my own keyless ignition system for motorcycles many years ago and now it is used every where in the auto industry. Picking on the wrong old guy here...Hi I am Bob and I ordered a Loaded limited that I am going to tech out even more and update apperance and preformance, wait til I chip it and get into the computer brain with my laptop...By the way I built my 2Nd computer I ever owned myself,
I got some bad news & some good news....after 2011, Chrysler started encrypting the PCMs and 3rd party hasn't had any luck tinkering with the copmuter.

On the other had, if you do crack that encryption just about every after market tuners shop is gonna want talk to you! $$$$$

Now to address the Limited appearance issue over the Ralley.

From what I can tell (browsing the internet) the primary difference is the front bumper fascia and the door handles. I am thinking less than $200 for a quality painter to hit both with some black plaint! Or you could just head to the dealer and order up the front piece and handles in black.

Has anyone had a Limited and a Ralley next to each other to compare the visuals? What am I missing here?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Who else likes how the front blacked out bumper of the Rallye look, but wants the tech that comes with the Limited model?

Anyone else ever buy black shiny car vinyl to put onto the front bumper to make a car look sportier like make the limited model look like the Rallye model?
YES, I do! It was the main reason I became interested in the RT. I just spoke to my dealer about ordering a limited and buying the parts to make it look like the Rallye, colored door handles, headlight bezels, front bumper trim, etc. and having them swap them out for me. They're going to verify all of the parts are available and we'll negotiate a price to do it.

Reactions: ORIGSQUIG

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does the part of the bumper that is black come off as one piece because I noticed that there is the long rectangular piece, and the two small pieces touching the headlight housing?

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
It gives that impression. I haven't looked very close at it but I think that the front bumper is actually all one piece. I will look at it tomorrow and confirm.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts