Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Dart Limited a week ago from a local dealership. I've seen this car on commercials and after a couple test drives and a good amount of research I fell in love with it. I was able to get a good deal of the Limited version with an MSRP of about 23,500. First thing I noticed about the car is that its probably the baddest little car I've ever seen. The interior is comfortable although a bit small for someone over 6'. And don't even try to fit in the back seat if you're over 5'10. The 2.0 L engine sounds very aggressive for its lack of speed. But the aerodynamic design and wider than normal tiers makes this car look a lot faster than it really is. Don't get me wrong it can get up there, but its lack of power is a bit disappointing. I read reviews about the handling and it was full of mixed reviews. In my opinion it handles like a dream. The turn radius is very sharp as well. I'm still trying to figure out a lot about this car but I can certainly answer a lot of questions about it. My next steps are to tint the windows and figure out how I can get a cold air intake in it. My only real concern is how hot the engine gets when its idling. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm hoping it's not just me.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I've read a lot of those mixed reviews on handling as well and the biggest ones to complain that I read was motor trend, but they took the car to the absolute limits and that's were they were not satisfied with it. Most others that tested were just doing normal driving like most of us will and loved the handling. As far as your complaint for lack of power, it's cause you got the 2.0L. The 1.4T has the same power, but 36 lb-ft more of torque so that engine performs better than the 2.0L. It's still not that great considering, but these cars were also designed to get higher mpg's. Also have heard of some complaints about heat on the 1.4T since turbos generate so much more heat, but I haven't heard anything yet about the 2.0 running hot.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah, I'm 6'1 and sat in the back and I had to sit up as perfect postured as possible to get my head to touch. For a small car it really seemed to have more room than a civic or something in its class. As for the power, I read that the 2.0 was quote "dangerously slow" mostly on taking off and merging onto major highways. The 1.4 does have the torque to help it get up and go quicker, thus making it seem much faster. I watched a video and the turbo put up a 9 second 60. These cars were aimed to be gas saving machines, but still fun, sporty and fairly quick. I test drove both and the turbo was the one for me without a doubt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You've probably already tried this but there's a lever right by the drivers and front passengers seat that allows you to low and raise the seat. It can give you about a 6in difference

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
I am 5'11 and can comfortably sit in the front seat and have other passengers around the same size in the back. Recently drove from TN to FL with 3 adults and large car seat with 3 year old and it was comfortable for everyone. My daughter loves she can see out everywhere. The engine is the 1.4 and handled the load with no issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts