Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,809 Posts
but only for customers who purchased or leased the cars in California

So pretty much pointless for most people. Good share though, but very limited and even those effected probably won't see a dime unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
6,211 Posts
but only for customers who purchased or leased the cars in California

So pretty much pointless for most people. Good share though, but very limited and even those effected probably won't see a dime unfortunately.
Yeah, I don't see this going anywhere significant. With the number of affected cars, at some point FCA will probably offer to settle confidentially without admitting any fault. It would cost a pittance and wouldn't risk setting a legal precedent to be used in other states.

·
Premium Member
6,211 Posts
I'm in Cali
Yeah, but you don't have a manual transmission. Only owners of 2013-2016 purchased new in the state of California with manual transmissions are party to the lawsuit. Its legal basis is California new vehicle consumer protections regulations, and the claimed defect is specific to the clutch mechanism, so the scope of the lawsuit is very small. FCA would be wise to settle it confidentially, which would prevent anybody involved from ever discussing the terms and not require FCA to admit the possibility of any problems.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Capstone Law = Ambulance Chaser.

Use to get a Lemon Law letter from them every week ... as did my neighbor with a 2015 Lexus ... and my other neighbor with a 2017 BMW.

At 196,298 miles, I finally had my 2013 Dart’s clutch, pressure plate, & slave cylinder/release bearing replaced.

A couple weeks later, Capstone sent me another letter urging me to join this class action lawsuit against FCA. I then called them to explain that I was very happy to get almost 200K miles on a clutch ... and wasn’t interested in being part of their class action lawsuit (i.e., line their pockets with $$$) ... and asked to be removed from their mailing list.

NOTE: There’s a lot more to the story ... but that’s the gist of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts