Dodge Dart Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
774 Posts
I am comparing it with similar vehicles within the last 25 years from Dodge/Chrysler. You calling it a mid-size doesn't change the reality of it being a compact sedan. You can call it whatever you wish, but at the end of the day it's classified as compact sedan.

So starting with 1990... a list of small cars from Dodge/Chrysler off the top of my head. I'm sure there are some I am forgetting.
1G Neon
2G Neon
Daytona
Omni
Caliber
Shadow
Spirit
Cirrus
Stratus
PT Cruiser
Talon

Do any of those cars have the following options? That's the difference here. If I could rig my 727 transmission from my 68' Coronet into the Dart, it would be bulletproof. But it would not be enjoyable by any means. The options + the enjoyment factor = superior.

A) It's a 6 speed.
B) It's auto-stick is properly setup. This means the stick is in the proper push forward/pull back like a true sequential and push = downshift, pull = upshift.
C) It can shift incredibly fast and firm.
D) Shift speed AND firmness are adjustable based on throttle input
E) Lightweight.
F) Fast/Firm shifting can be achieved at ANY rpm, not just near redline.
G) You can shift through ALL the gears using the auto-stick not just 1st or 2nd.
H) It chirps the 1-2 shift with 184hp.
the biggest problem, it is an automatic. the autostick is still boring compared to manual. you do not bond with the car like you would with a manual. the crappiest Manual from any of those cars is still more fun, lol. my dads turbo PT cruiser does not chirp, it SPINS tires from first to second and leaves tread marks. its a 4 speed auto. im tired of arguing over this. nothing you listed makes it superior. it still makes it YOUR OPINION. not FACT.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.