Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Dart 1.4L Turbo
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Dodge Dart turbo for about 6 months and looking to add more power to my car. What are some first modifications that I should take in gaining more power? I have done a little research and looking into a k&n intake, 3 inch catless exhaust system, and a Eurocompulsion tune. Is this a good way to go and is there any other modifications that I need before using this tune?

·
Registered
58 Posts
It depends on where you're from.
In the US, it's actually illegal to run a "cat-less" exhaust system on a vehicle registered for street use. However, if you live in a state that doesn't require emissions or safety inspections, there's little risk of being caught. That said.....

The K&N intake is a good starting point. A larger exhaust or removing perceived exhaust restrictions doesn't always improve performance.
If your Dart has the 6-speed manual, I would suggest the CDV delete kit from Deyeme Racing, as well as their shift control rod. I would also recommend the GFB DV+, regardless of transmission. All 3 components can be purchased at Deyemeracing.com as well as some other nice accessories....

·
Registered
181 Posts
I found the two modifications that made the most impact was a catless downpipe and a tune. These two made a dramatic improvement in throttle response, midrange torque and a significant increase in upper RPM power. Ran that setup for 6 years without any issues.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Dart 1.4L Turbo
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the two modifications that made the most impact was a catless downpipe and a tune. These two made a dramatic improvement in throttle response, midrange torque and a significant increase in upper RPM power. Ran that setup for 6 years without any issues.
Did you have any heat problems with your stock intercooler?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Zero issues. I bought the car brand new before I start school. I drove to and from Michigan, 165 miles each way, at least once a month. I put close to 90,000 miles on the setup without any issues.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Zero issues. I bought the car brand new before I start school. I drove to and from Michigan, 165 miles each way, at least once a month. I put close to 90,000 miles on the setup without any issues.
which tune? Not seeing any real options for tunes bs piggy backs these days.

·
Registered
181 Posts
which tune? Not seeing any real options for tunes bs piggy backs these days.
Eurocompulsion is the only legit option. Another company attempted to tune the platform, but from my experience, was a failure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That would be TORK and yes John at Tork had a reputation of being kind of an a-hole to people and ended up dropping support.
Didn't he act like a dick about EC, claiming they were scummy, only for it to be found that he was showing cars with stock tunes on the big turbo? i remember reading that somewhere, but don't remember the outcome

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did a cold air intake, CDV delete, lightweight flywheel, and ClutchMasters kit. It made a noticeable difference when shifting and throttle response. Next i'll do an underdrive pulley kit, maybe a ported throttle body. Eventually I'll do a spring upgrade for the MultiAir system, there's a kit for the FIAT 500 that works for the Dart. Supposedly it helps in the mid to high RPMs. I'm open to suggestions for more ideas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts