Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car started misfiring a while ago. I drive a 2013 Dodge Dart 1.4T with 115k miles on it. The car didn't throw any codes or the check engine light until it had been misfiring for a couple of weeks. I had it on a Bluetooth OBDII reader and that told me that my timing was all over the place when it was missing but when it wasn't under any load from the turbo it smoothed out. Also I'm not sure if this is true or not but apparently it's putting out almost 20 psi of boost according to that OBDII reader. Spark plugs were changed less than 200 miles ago and when I tested coils on the DMM each one had the same resistance. After it threw the check engine light I took it to O'Reillys and had the put their scanner on it and it showed a cylinder 1 misfire. Because it was a cylinder 1 misfire I swapped the coil with cylinder 2 just to see if anything changed and it didn't. Is there something I'm overlooking that would cause this?

·
Super Moderator
4,558 Posts
So my car started misfiring a while ago. I drive a 2013 Dodge Dart 1.4T with 115k miles on it. The car didn't throw any codes or the check engine light until it had been misfiring for a couple of weeks. I had it on a Bluetooth OBDII reader and that told me that my timing was all over the place when it was missing but when it wasn't under any load from the turbo it smoothed out. Also I'm not sure if this is true or not but apparently it's putting out almost 20 psi of boost according to that OBDII reader. Spark plugs were changed less than 200 miles ago and when I tested coils on the DMM each one had the same resistance. After it threw the check engine light I took it to O'Reillys and had the put their scanner on it and it showed a cylinder 1 misfire. Because it was a cylinder 1 misfire I swapped the coil with cylinder 2 just to see if anything changed and it didn't. Is there something I'm overlooking that would cause this?
Maybe the gap on the spark plugs are off? I don't know what they should be in the 1.4. Check the manual but maybe take them back out and double check.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Do a compression test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts