Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed this creaking sound from the front end of my Dart the other day and appears to be the front passenger side. It is more loud at low speeds, over speed bumps, and pulling into the driveway. The car also appears to be sorta bouncy in the front and does not ride very smooth. Also the steering wheel alignment is off, if the wheel is straight the car goes to the right. I'm wondering if this is all tied together? I was told by another member it sounds like a blown axle? I took the car in on Friday and it was raining so hard the service writer could not hear the noise when on the drive. I have 648 miles, and just wanted to know if anyone else has heard this "creak" from the front? I was thinking also maybe possibly the struts are defective?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I noticed this creaking sound from the front end of my Dart the other day and appears to be the front passenger side. It is more loud at low speeds, over speed bumps, and pulling into the driveway. The car also appears to be sorta bouncy in the front and does not ride very smooth. Also the steering wheel alignment is off, if the wheel is straight the car goes to the right. I'm wondering if this is all tied together? I was told by another member it sounds like a blown axle? I took the car in on Friday and it was raining so hard the service writer could not hear the noise when on the drive. I have 648 miles, and just wanted to know if anyone else has heard this "creak" from the front? I was thinking also maybe possibly the struts are defective?
Nobody having this same issue? It appears to be getting worse, taking the car in again tomorrow, hopefully it will still make the noise for the writer to hear this time.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Its a motor mount. Have same problem

·
Registered
7 Posts
What was the cause did you find out? I’m having the same issue so please reply if you know the cause

1 - 7 of 7 Posts