Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 dodge dart GT 2.4L engine. Stopped to get gas and noticed smoke coming from under my hood so I opened it and discovered the coolant was dumping out. After further inspection, I found that the leak was coming from a broken part thats on the thermostat housing and is part of the engine coolant recovery tank hole (Mopar part #5511 1494 AD). I've already had to replace the plastic T thats part of the cooling system, as this part had broken as well and discovered that i had to buy the whole assembly and couldnt just purchase the T fitting on its own. Id hate to have to buy a whole another assembly for the recovery tank and was curious as if you guys had any insight into me finding the part I need without purchasing the whole assembly? Ive provided pictures for better clarification as to what exactly im refering to.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
The Dart uses a pressurized coolant reservoir. That looks like the quick connect that is part of the hose assembly. Check that the part of the reservoir that accepts the quick connect is not also cracked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts